Forums Latest Members

Omega Automatic 1022 and seamaster de ville, autentic or fake?

1. anica Apr 4, 2016

Hi there,

I'm hunting a watch for my boyfriends birthday. He loves vintages omega watches but I don't know anything about them. Do you guys think this two watches are auntenthic and how much you think they worth?

Thanking you in advance

$_57.jpg $_57_.jpg $_57__.jpg $_57___.jpg $_57____.jpg $_57.jpg $_57_.jpg $_57__.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 4, 2016

They may be authentic, but <insert chosen holy expletive here>, these are crap.

Look at the case corrosion, look at the case gouges, look at the dust and detritus in the movement, and look at the sellers finger nails!

He looks like a truck mechanic FFS.

I would not like to receive either one as a gift, of course I'd accept the gift graciously and give you a big hug, but if your BF knows anything about watches he would be disappointed but not show it.

Move on, keep looking.

3. lillatroll Apr 4, 2016

Hello,
    A few things you might want to consider before buying. Do you know what type of vintage watches your bf likes? Is the one posted something similar to one he owns or has mentioned?
    What is your budget, vintage watches vary alot and it will probably need a service but you don't have to do it, perhaps he can do it when he gets it.
    The watch you have posted is not a good example and you can find a better one with a bit more looking. Try the For Sale section here and see if there is any thing he might like. The sellers are on the whole honest and not trying to scam anyone.

Giff2577 likes this.
  4. anica Apr 4, 2016

Thanks guys tha was helpful since I wasn't 100% sure :)

5. Jonatan Apr 4, 2016

Maybe if you tell us where you live we can suggest some places to look.

6. anica Apr 4, 2016

Thanks Jonatan. I live in London :)

7. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 4, 2016

anica, whats your budget?