Forums Latest Members

Omega AT Worldtimer availability

1. richiv Jun 9, 2021

I've started shopping for my 2021 watch and I really like this watch. I stopped at my local AD and they do not have it and seemed reluctant to order one unless I committed to the purchase at full MSRP. I checked a few websites and the few I found were selling (asking price) above retail. I'm not opposed to paying full price but if I have to do that I'm inclined to go the the Omega Boutique in Tysons corner.

Has anyone had a recent purchase experience they can share and/or recommendations for dealers? I've been watching this forum's for sale section but none have come up recently.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 6.45.06 AM.png
  2. Bugbait Jun 9, 2021

Doesn't sound like you're in the UK? If you were, both AD and OB I recently visited in London had one in stock.

3. Donn Chambers Jun 9, 2021

I saw one at ADs in Tampa and Sarasota in Florida a couple of weeks ago. I doubt this is a big seller, even though it is an attractive watch. I suspect that’s why the AD doesn’t want to order it for you unless you fully commit to buying it — if you don’t want it they know they will have a hard time selling it.

Smoothness likes this.
  4. amfalconer Jun 9, 2021

There one in the window of an AD about 2mins walk from my office, has been there a while.

I thought I'd like it more in the flesh than I do

5. Omega-Q Jun 9, 2021

I purchased mine from the Tysons Corner boutique. They are great there...that is also where I picked up my Snoopy and a few other watches. They can find a WorldTimer for you. Obligatory photo!

WorldTimer.jpeg
    Caliber561, Fish70, apsm100 and 5 others like this.
  6. MTROIS Jun 9, 2021

I am personally biased towards OBs vs. ADs, but may be not the best location to achieve a discount.
    This watch surprised me by how large it wore on my wrist, so make sure you try one on before you purchase.

southparkclyde and richiv like this.
  7. dinexus Jun 9, 2021

My understanding is that this has been a strong seller, and have been in short supply due to the complexity of the dial manufacture. Omega seems to be getting caught up though, and they are definitely more available now. It's not a small watch by any means, but it's considerably more wearable than its size suggests, thanks to the downturned strap/bracelet design and the shorter L2L.

[​IMG]

Caliber561, Fish70 and richiv like this.
  8. paulie8777 Jun 10, 2021

The Omega store in Roosevelt Field Mall, in Long Island had one in their display window this past Saturday.

richiv likes this.
  9. Jkbenn02 Jun 10, 2021

You should check the Tysons Corner boutique.

10. Karusel Jun 10, 2021

The World Timer on the bracelet is available at OB Fifth Avenue (checked this afternoon).

11. richiv Jun 10, 2021

Thanks. I'm going to stop by this weekend.

12. Jkbenn02 Jun 10, 2021

This account has been hacked.

13. phooi Jun 15, 2021

I know they were hard to come by previously but seem available now. Not sure where you’re located but have seen a number of these available for sale at OB, AD and eBay in the US.

14. southparkclyde Jun 15, 2021

Agreed on this watch wearing large. Definitely try one on before purchase.

My local AD did not have one in stock but ordered two (bracelet and strap) without requiring a deposit or commitment. They called me when the watches were in, I was able to try them on and unfortunately didn't purchase because I was also surprised how large this 43mm wore on my wrist. The dial is superb, though.

MTROIS likes this.
  15. Butik Jun 18, 2021

I strongly disagree with the statements that this watch wears large. I own many Omegas, including smaller De Villes and Globemaster, also have the standrd 41mm Aqua Terra. And even though the WT is bigger, no doubt about it, I do not feel difference between wearing the 41 or 43mm one.

Look here at my amateur comparison video of these two models:

My wrist is 18cm (~7") and in my humble opinion it does not even look big. People are sometimes too afraid of buying the watch just by looking at the specs. You always have to put them on the wrist.

richiv likes this.
  16. southparkclyde Jun 18, 2021

Totally agree to always put them on the wrist. For me, the increased bezel width and longer lugs than the standard Aqua Terra made this one too big for my 17cm wrist. Again, just my tastes.

The picture in your video above shows a good comparison of the size differences between the two. Nice share!

17. Butik Oct 25, 2021

At the end I sold mine... even though I loved it. Here's why. And this is something to consider before buying (for some ;) )

filmluvr88 likes this.
  18. Evitzee Oct 25, 2021

I have not handled the Omega world time watch but every world timer I've had, or used, over the years has the same issue of readability when you have a rotating ring with cities and hours on them. I look at them as a complication that looks cool but isn't that functional in use.

19. filmluvr88 Oct 25, 2021

I like how you mentioned the lack of minute markings though it might have been a minor issue for you. Considering how impressive these METAS movements are, I enjoy sync'ing all my Omegas and the lack of those markings would drive me up the wall and already be a deal breaker.

20. Butik Oct 26, 2021

You can always sync precisely every five minutes ;)

To be honest - as I said this was minor issue for me, but also made me wear this piece less frequently that I would like to. I do not use watchwinders and have a few watches in rotation. Usually when I pick the new watch after few days of wearing the other, the new one is stopped and I must set it. So with the Worldtimer I had:
    - look for the glasses and put them on ;)
    - set up the correct local time on the world time ring
    - wait until 5/10/15/20... minute comes
    - sync the watch with atomic clock
    - use hour hands to set up the date

It's all OK and a lot of fun if you have time in the morning, but mostly I don't have that.

Obviously above will never be an issue if it's your only watch, or you rotate it so that it never stops, or have the watchwinder.

Again - I love the design & exectution, these minor issues that I mentioned were "no continue" at the end of the day :(

Pitty. This year I bought two watches that I had always dreamt of and actually I thought they would be my 2-piece collection: the am WT plus Speedy Apollo 8. I sold the Speedy after 1 month of having doe to very poor visibility of minute & hour hands and difficulty to read time at first glance :(

That is why I will always be in opinion that it's better to have the watch for a while and try it. Even if you spend an hour at the AD you will not be able to judge if the watch will be OK in every day use or not.

Edited Oct 26, 2021
    TimeODanaos likes this.