Forums Latest Members

Omega Art Deco stainless steel , crown at 6 o`clock ... Please HELP !!!

1. mmisiek89 Jan 12, 2015

Hello everyone.
    I have stainless steel Omega with smaal second dial at 12 hour and crown at 6 o clock ...
    Can you give me some information about this watch? Please help me :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Mike.

tdn-dk and orchidmansion like this.
  2. Wongo Jan 13, 2015

Looks nice and interest...Not seen this before.

3. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jan 13, 2015

First time that I see this.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 13, 2015

Me too.

On this one, I'd recommend sending pictures to the Omega Museum. Dial has a late 1930's style to it, but is very clean, almost too clean. However, the watch movement and case show very little wear also.

I really haven't a clue on this one. If Yann doesn't know, then you've pretty much stumped the entire panel here.

gatorcpa

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 13, 2015

Maybe part of a purse/clip/pendant or small cased desk watch that were popular in the 1930s.

I don't remember seeing anything like it (except for the Diplomats).

As gator said, Omega Museum

6. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 13, 2015

This is a pendent watch design. The Omega reference is CK 359. There were a number of dial layouts and I can't say I have seen this one before. These were produced around 1936, according to AJTT (Page 696 has a few examples). The movement should be a cal 37,5

Tire-comedon and rolexfantastic like this.
  7. rolexfantastic Jan 14, 2015

It's a nice little fellow. I placed a bid for it but the seller's pictures were just too bad to raise.
    I did not know the ref., but it has a 46mm case and indeed a 15 jewels cal.37.5. The serial is correct, and has been seen as low as 8 mil.
    Dial and hands variations are known, and they go in hand with the pendant as well (which here is missing, but i believe this specimen should have an oblong pendant, just like the Omega F300 or Megasonic pocket watches).
    Unfortunately i did not save pictures of previous ones i saw, however, there is one in the John Goldberger's Omega Watches book, at page 23.
    That one has a rectangular pendant that goes just fine with that dial and hand style and with that pendant guard.

PS. Dibs! If you ever get tired of it... :)

/F

Edited Jan 14, 2015
    Tire-comedon likes this.