Forums Latest Members

Omega Aqua Terra ref. 2512.50.00 - Original? -YES :)

1. mat_k May 6, 2015

Hello,

What do you think about this Omega Aqua Terra ref. 2512.50.00. I can not tell if its fake or not. Attachmento of the movie and photos.

2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg WP_20150501_004.jpg 6.jpg photo15.jpg
  2. mat_k May 6, 2015

Anybody? Thougts? Fake or not :-(?

3. mat_k May 7, 2015

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 7, 2015

From what I can see it looks fine. I tried to read the serial number and if I managed to guess it right, it does match with this model...

But as always, buy the seller.

mat_k likes this.
  5. mat_k May 7, 2015

I already wrote to Omega, they confirmed this serial number is to this model.

Seller is long lasting user of polish auction site Allegro.pl. He is not selling the watches in generall, but he put the auction from his trusted accont with 500 positive opinions (100%). He underlined there that is 100% original watch of Omega.

However, on watchuseek one guy told that it looks poor and he is thinking that is the fake. Other guy was considered about bracelet fiting to the case.

Do you see it the same as them or not? More opinions are welcome :) THANKS!

Edited May 7, 2015
  6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 7, 2015

Ignore their opinions. Read their other posts, you'll see what they know about Omega watches.

persco and mat_k like this.
  7. mat_k May 7, 2015

That is the reason why I am here :) Waiting for more!

Edited May 7, 2015
  8. pgoat May 7, 2015

Mat, I replied to the WUS post also - I think it looks good. That's my favorite watch, I've had mine for years, and no red flags from what I can see in your pics. Mine came on the bracelet and it fit snugly; maybe you can have that adjusted, put in new springbars, etc. 10458861_10203667231055276_1876910652686147975_n.jpg

mat_k likes this.
  9. mat_k May 7, 2015

The opinion of the owner! Thx a lot :)

10. mat_k May 19, 2015

Hi Omega lovers again! Watch is original, it was confirmed by two independent watchmakers from my town (one even has Omega Diagnostic certificate on his wall given by Swatch Group in Warsaw).

But i have some question to you and do not want to put another thread:

During this 2 weeks trial i was testing chronograph intensively, and stopper second hand has dropped out. Watchmaker put it on place and now is working. Previous owner said that he was using it on the bike trips so it is probably from that shaking. Photo before the repair attached.

Is that might be serious thing in the future? Watchmaker (this one not certified but trusted one) said that it should be OK now. But how do you think from your experience. Now seems that is OK. Beside that watch was working good (+2 s a day).

AR coating is scratched as hell but i heard it is normal after 6 years of using. Is that right? Are you recommending polishing (take out the coating?)

All opinions of the users are welcome! Thanks for earlier help!

PS: Gaps on the bracelet must be from not original spring bars, i replaced them but still is not fitting and moving slightly on both sides. But i guess it could stay like that.

DSC_0079.JPG
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 19, 2015

If the hand comes off again, it's about $15 for a new one, so no not a serious problem...

Cheers, Al

12. mat_k May 19, 2015

Oh, so not expensive :) Thx!

13. Tomas Eriksson May 19, 2015

If there would be other shake related damages inside the watch your watchmaker would most likely have spotted it, so I wouldn't worry.
    Regarding the AR, if it was mine I would have polished it. Better have it removed than looking like that IMOP.

Other than that, congrats on a nice piece!

mat_k likes this.
  14. mat_k Jun 9, 2015

Thanks once again for all help. Please welcome me as new member of Omega club :) I just put my 2512.50 on new strap with traditional omega buckle :) Sory for photos, I have only crapy smartphone camera :(

DSC_0115.JPG DSC_0116.JPG DSC_0120.JPG DSC_0121.JPG
    watchme likes this.