Forums Latest Members

Omega Aqua Terra James Bond "Spectre" Limited Edition

1. billyblue Feb 1, 2015

(All credits go out to Alexander)

I like her, but not so much as my Master Co-Axial "Skyfall"...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ctime3 Feb 1, 2015

Oh snap now that is nice titanium?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 1, 2015

I like the dial a lot, the 15,007 gauss... not so much

4. speedbird Feb 1, 2015

The seconds hand kills it. The rest is gorgeous

5. lerxst Feb 1, 2015

I love how they subtley integrated 007 into the 15,000 gauss label. Most of the previous Bond watches have been too obvious about it for my tastes.

Event horizon and watchme like this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 1, 2015

Like dsio said, love the dial and it's texture. Hate the 007 branding. It's just stupid IMO. I'm guessing they will keep that dial on other models? We'll see.

Also curious as to how that dial catches the light. Both the ceramic blue and the AT blue have this way of changing color with light.

canardobkk likes this.
  7. repoman Feb 1, 2015

Go over to watch-insider and zoom in to get a better feel for the dial. This checks many boxes for me. I think Omega has to strike a balance between WIS-types, Bond fanatics, and the pedestrian watch consumer. I love the combination of yellow and blue (and not because I'm a San Diego Chargers fan, I'm not, just like the colors). I like the second hand as well, much better than the original 15k gauss yellow/black banded pattern, I like my second hand to be a solid color. Although - the picture from watch-insider isn't really clear on the lollipop style coat-of-arms emblem, it looks a little ragged in the picture. I'd like to see a clear shot of that. I'm not a fan of the 15'007 label on the dial, but its subtle enough for me not to distract from the piece, and any other obnoxious "007" would turn me off. I'm assuming this is all stainless. The bracelet looks brushed on the outside, and I don't even know what on the inside, doesn't look polished, looks absolutely matte without brush marks, would like to see that in natural light - I just hope its not polished center links.

First impression - I like it, alot... need to see the back, and more pictures in different lighting...

8. repoman Feb 1, 2015

The pattern is the bond family coat of arms, so I don't see that being used anywhere else - but that blue color and some kind of texture, oh hell yes.

9. billyblue Feb 2, 2015

Definitely polished from what I can see...when looking on the bracelet upper side at 12 o'clock.

10. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Feb 2, 2015

still no pics of the back?

11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

Anyone knows that is the SHIELD :)(corrected to SHIELD):mad: on the second hand for? is that part of the Specter theme? is it a new brand mark for the series or perhaps they include sloamans shield insurance on the watch now? For the record I think it's a little cool detail, just wondering.

Also bad news for those who hate the middle polished links on the bracelet, because on the top pic you can clearly see the brush marks on the lateral links, but not center.

Edited Nov 8, 2015
  12. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 2, 2015

I think it is a shield logo on the second hand

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

I get that, but what shield? I haven't noticed a Shield Logo on Omegas before or in Bond movies?

I should correct myself, on my posting CHILD was meant to be SHIELD...it's a mix of blindness, laziness and autocorrect that makes all my famous typos.

14. chunkythebulldog Feb 2, 2015

The shield on the second hand is the Bond coat of arms

15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

Interesting. Which is replicated on the dial print. Cool idea.

16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 2, 2015

Love the colours, love the texture.
    Unfortunately the shield and 007 kill it for me. Too bad.
    Wish they would understand that a theme watch can be subtle and sophisticated and does not have to be "gimmicky"

What's next, Daniel Craig holding a Falcon?

Hijak and Nobel Prize like this.
  17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 2, 2015

+1. Knowing that the shield and pattern are the bond coat of arms I couldn't wear it. Can't take it seriously.

It is pretty though

18. shoota70 Feb 2, 2015

Overall - I like it. Would never wear a Bond watch, but i like it.

19. flw history nerd Feb 2, 2015

All correct. The Bond coat of arms and family motto, Orbis non Sufficit ("The World is Not Enough"), which are real by the way, were attributes added to James Bond's character background by Ian Fleming in 1963 when he wrote On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Since Sean Connery had been cast as Bond for the films, Fleming decided to add some Scottish heritage to the character in the books. This is further developed in the faked obituary of Bond that is planted in the newspapers in You Only Live Twice. I've wondered at times what the actual descendants of Sir Thomas Bond have thought of Fleming's appropriation of their family history, or whether they get royalties.

As far as the watch is concerned, I have to agree - while I like the design, I could never wear it. I was guessing that the new Bond watch would be the Seamaster 300 reissue, but apparently not.

20. Diverdown Feb 2, 2015

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/james-b...watch-omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-15007-gauss/

I don't hate the watch; actually like that it's more subtle than past tributes. But no, I wouldn't buy it. Even if I wanted the watch Bond wore, I'd grab the actual watch rather than the tribute watch. I do love the 15,000 Gauss AT on the wrist. The yellow & black second hand looks great. That's where my $$$ would go.
    Just my $0.02cdn