Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Aqua Terra 8500 Master Co-Axial 41,5 mm

1. gwzymytk Sep 28, 2016

Hello dear gents!
    I have planned a rather expensive acquisition and started collecting funds already. This means letting go of some of my most dear watches... All funds will go towards a new and totally out-of-my-confort-zone watch purchase. :)

So, here we have my Omega Aqua Terra 8500 Master Co-Axial acquired as used by me from the first owner.
    Watch on bracelet (6 full and 2 half removable links) and red Omega box only. No papers, this is how I've bought it.

2016-02-27 17.59.16.jpg

The watch has run almost flawlessly while on my winder, now displaying +2 seconds accuracy on my timegrapher. This is all irrelevant, of course, as - by Murphy's laws - it will probably not run the same once it leaves my hands, but still - the new 8500's are awesome! I've actually tested it near a 1.5-Tesla MRI machine as I forgot to take it off one time (the machine was right before the start of the procedure, so wasn't really on. Probably.) :)

2016-07-07 11.21.56.jpg

Condition report:
    The good -
    crystal(s), hands, dial, crown, mechanism are optically perfect. The movement runs smoothly and winding is awesome. Timekeeping has been excellent for me, and the watch looks awesome despite what follows.
    It's one of the most versatile watches I've owned, looking great on a brown strap under a shirt's cuff, or with a t-shirt and shorts on the metal bracelet. Also, the easy timezone change specific to 8500 is an awesome feature.
    I have the watch on the bracelet, 6 full and 2 half removable links (of which two are not attached/shown in the pictures).

The not-so-good - the watch is a scratch magnet. Seriously annoying, as I am really careful with all my watches. The watch head has some small swirls on the lugs and some on the polished sides. The bracelet has many small superficial scratches, especially on the mirror-finish center links. The clasp has some as well, especially on one side.
    These can probably all be removed by someone skilled at polishing. The sides also have some scratches (of which some seem deeper than the others) from removing two extra links, that are included in the sale.
    Another small imperfection is the pin that keeps the clasp closed - its "head" is a bit tilted. This does not, however, prevent the bracelet from operating as intended. This can also be fixed by someone with a pair of pliers, but I'm not that person. If it works, don't fix it (Murphy again).

Price: REDUCED EUR 2070 shipped within the EU. I prefer an EU transaction to avoid hassle and long-distance shipping. If you're awesome and can prove it, I will ship overseas, at my discretion.
    No papers, watch and Omega red box only.

2016-03-02 17.54.43.jpg 2016-03-02 17.54.58.jpg 2016-03-02 17.55.06.jpg 2016-03-02 17.55.29.jpg 2016-03-02 17.55.13.jpg 2016-03-02 17.54.49.jpg 2016-03-02 17.55.10.jpg

2016-09-28 15.02.53.jpg 2016-09-28 15.03.07.jpg 2016-09-28 15.03.26.jpg 2016-09-28 15.01.21.jpg 2016-09-28 15.02.27.jpg 2016-09-28 15.01.15.jpg 2016-09-28 15.02.33.jpg 2016-09-28 14.51.19.jpg 2016-09-28 15.00.47.jpg 2016-09-28 15.00.56.jpg 2016-09-28 15.01.04.jpg 2016-09-28 14.51.09.jpg

Shipping within the EU only by DPD with tracking number. Shipping overseas - only by TNT, at a cost.
    Payment by wire transfer. PP available only for established members with perfect and significant feedback, otherwise bank transfer.

Items are located in Craiova, Romania, within the EU. All duties or any other additional taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will provide step-by-step pictures/scans of the packaging and shipping process but once the package leaves my hands I have no power over it.
    I am a seller on Ebay under the same username for over 14 years and have 100% positive feedback with over 520 transactions (over 690 individual transactions) and many watches shipped to multiple locations (USA, Canada, the UK, the Netherlands etc.). For any other trust-related issues I can provide further credentials or proof of identity.

I also have several references on WUS, both as a seller and as a buyer. I can provide reference for other transactions as well (Omega 2254.50, Heuer Montreal sold to a very reputable dealer etc.).
    Two successful transactions on OF, one as a buyer and one as a seller (my Longines Chronograph went to Austria).

gwzymytk great seller -latest feedback received just a few weeks ago!
    gwzymytk is the best seller ever (probably) - feedback received a few weeks ago
    gwzymytk - Great buyer
    I bought a Longines Conquest Watch from gwzymytk and am very happy!
    gwzymytk - very positive experience
    gwzymytk good experience. Great seller. To repeat.
    gwzymytk - A very good buyer

I cannot take any returns for this item unless grossly misrepresented by me in the description and/or pictures. Please observe carefully, read the entire description and ask all questions prior to committing. No warranty.

Thank you OF for hosting my ad!
    All proceedings will go towards watches and watch-related stuff ;)

This last picture is for illustration only; the watch looks awesome on this strap, and the dial furniture is incredible. Each time I look at this photo, I feel like keeping it.

DSC_4276.JPG
    Edited Nov 1, 2016
    KstateSkier likes this.
  2. gwzymytk Oct 3, 2016

Reduced - 2150 EUR or best reasonable offer. Shipping within the EU included.

3. gwzymytk Oct 7, 2016

Reduced - 2050 EUR net to me, shipping within the EU included.

4. gwzymytk Oct 9, 2016

Reduced - 1950 EUR net to me, shipping within the EU included.
    This is the final price, no other negotiation possible.
    If not sold within 7 days it will go back to being worn in my daily rotation.

5. gwzymytk Oct 12, 2016

To the top, watch still available until I change my mind. Will start wearing it again at some point, please buy it before I'll have to take another set of photos :D
    Open to trading upwards towards JLC Master Compressor (Chronograph, Memovox or similar), offering 2k EUR difference.

6. gwzymytk Oct 15, 2016

Forgot I had this for sale...

7. gwzymytk Oct 20, 2016

Update: I've sent the bracelet for a professional polish and asked my watchmaker to also address the semi-bent clasp pin.
    The new price will include the costs involved, will update as necessary once the bracelet is back and also include fresh pictures.

If you were put off by the cosmetic aspects, now you will have a chance to own an almost like-new Aqua Terra with the latest movement, at a (still) great price!

8. gwzymytk Nov 1, 2016

Bracelet due to arrive tomorrow. New price: EUR 2070, shipping within the EU included. PP available only for established members and impecabile prior feedback. Will update tomorrow with hi-res pictures once in my posession.

Here are some pictures, as taken by my watchmaker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. gwzymytk Nov 4, 2016

Bracelet arrived from the watchmaker. The pin is still bent as he said it would cause structural damage if attempted to fix. Most of the scratches (99% I'd dare say) are gone, and bracelet is now safely stored away :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KstateSkier likes this.
  10. gwzymytk Nov 6, 2016

Took these macro pictures to better illustrate all dings/scuffs/scratches etc. present on the watch case.
    Took them in such a way that they are amplified; I'd say that, as most are on the side and lower case, they stay hidden/invisible while wearing the watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. gwzymytk Nov 13, 2016

I've sent the watch to my watchmaker for a polish of the case, as well. Will edit the watch advert once it's back, together with the bracelet.

12. gwzymytk Nov 29, 2016

Watch is back from polishing; these are a few hasty pics made under some Ikea kitchen led lightning. Snowing outside, and photographing this one with all the shiny edges is a pain.

Only minor dings remain on the case, mostly on parts that will never be seen. Strap change marks were left there by my watchmaker, as they are invisible (underside of the lugs) and messing with them would have been dangerous for the geometry of the case, S/N, markings etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. gwzymytk Nov 30, 2016

Here are some of the best shots I could manage of both the balance wheel and the barrels.
    The serial number is in the 880XXXXX range. The movement serial correlates with the case one.

Please note that I greatly prefer an EU deal due to a lot of hassle with customs etc. Will only ship overseas by TNT insured, express package with full tracking, which costs above EUR 100 from previous experience.
    I also don't favor returns from overseas, unless serious concerns arise, so if in doubt please ask further as I have done my best to honestly and clearly describe the watch and everything that has happened to it since in my possession.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMGRLX and Mr.Cairo like this.
  14. gwzymytk Dec 4, 2016

To the top it goes!

15. gwzymytk Dec 5, 2016

I'll post my answers to a series of questions I've received by PM (on another forum), as some of them have been asked by others and I now realize it's easier to insert the info here.

1) Can you please confirm if the watch is waterproof/checked for it? I understand it's used but just need to be sure.
    No, I never wear my watches near water, nor do I intend to ever do it, so I cannot confirm it.
    Haven't bothered checking it, either. It should, however, handle the occasional splash in water at normal temperatures.
    As per my own personal rule, I NEVER give ANY watch waterproof-nes warranty, even new ones or ones that were tested before. Someone might think taking a very hot shower with a 1000 meter rated watch that just passed all testing is a great idea; I don't agree.

2) Has it had any service history recently?
    No, Omega recommends co-axial movements to be serviced at 4 to 5 years intervals; I'm positive not ONE Master co-axial movement reached this standard interval since it was introduced back in 2014.

3) What year is the watch?

4) Can you also confirm how it keeps the time?
    It runs within COSC limits when worn by me and when tested face-up on my timegrapher. I have no idea how it will run when worn by anyone else, in whatever conditions a potential buyer intends to use it.

5) Are you open to offers?
    The only offer I'm going to take is of EUR 2070 shipped by DPD courier, paid by bank transfer or another method that's not allowing a potential buyer with no feedback to take advantage of abusive tactics.

I will probably end up keeping the watch; after all, it's not like I'll find an Aqua Terra at a good price when I'll be looking for one again.