Forums Latest Members
  1. tjs Feb 27, 2019

Are there any Omega ADs in New York anymore?

I have read that Tourneau in NY no longer sells Omega (and that was backed up by my visits to two of their stores). Both only sold used.

I am considering adding a Seamaster 210.30.42.20.01.001 to my small collection. OB's seem to discount a little based on my visits to two (about 8%) and was hoping for 15% or better from an AD.

Any purchasing advice?

Thank you!

2. alam Feb 27, 2019

watch3s, BradleyJ., tjs and 1 other person like this.
  3. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 27, 2019

There is a fairly new Watches of Switzerland store in Soho that sells new Omega: https://www.watchesofswitzerland.com/stores/soho-nyc

Tourneau didn't sell Omega for a while but now they do again - although I haven't verified that in person, so can't be certain.

And of course, there are two Omega Boutiques in Manhattan (Fifth Avenue and Brookfield Place).

I got an 8% discount at one of those OBs, but it's true that you might well do better at Tourneau or WoS. You could visit all of them in one day and see who does the best deal.

4. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 27, 2019

Oh, and that WoS store also has a cocktail bar inside. So you know, two birds...

zrleopold, tjs and Wetworks like this.
  5. tjs Feb 27, 2019

Thank you all - I'll check out all those places / people!

6. CJpickup57 Feb 27, 2019

I’m assuming you are near NYC?

7. Wetworks Feb 27, 2019

That's where I got my 300 Diver. I don't think I've ever felt so comfortable and valued as I did when I went there. Coffee, cocktails, they even have a few vintage selections for sale. Top-notch experience!

tjs likes this.
  8. tjs Feb 27, 2019

About 1.5 hours away, so easy train/subway ride.

9. CJpickup57 Feb 27, 2019

Lucky. I am way over here in WNY. Granted I have Toronto, but taxes and duty to deal with at the border are worse that NYS taxes alone.

10. mydeafcat Feb 27, 2019

Booze and wallets and NYC! Danger! Danger!

11. Skrv Feb 27, 2019

There is a omega botique in King of Prussia mall. Great store and great service. Not really NYC but not sure if this is closer to where you are.

many likes this.
  12. Jo3Daddy Feb 27, 2019

Were you looking for an AD in just New York City or anywhere in New York/New Jersey ok?

13. 007007007 Feb 27, 2019

Tourneau Told me recently that I’m irder to carry Rolex they were no longer carrying Omega. Same as Ben Bridge. Interestingly enough, Tourneau recently bought Baron & Leeds (exclusive Rolex Boutique) that is locates two doors down from the Omega boutique in Costa Mesa, CA (South Coast Plaza)

Could be a CA only thing. But that could be a reason why they don’t have them there.

14. tjs Feb 28, 2019

Primarily NYC and north of NY or west CT. NJ is hard to get to for us. Thanks!

15. Jo3Daddy Feb 28, 2019

I've bought a couple from https://www.thetimepiececollection.com/ they have a store in Englewood NJ they gave a pretty decent deal. Got my omega seamaster diver from them for about 20% off. In CT you can always give https://www.shrevecrumpandlow.com/ a call they are in Greenwich just right off Greenwich Ave which is 5 min car ride up from the train station or about a 10-15 min walk up hill.

16. sturosen Feb 28, 2019

I had one bad and one horrible experience at WoS Soho. Bad experience was asking for some follow-up on locating a piece for me with no response (even after I followed up multiple times). Horrible experience was trying to buy a Tudor, authorizing the sale, being left to myself without any follow-up for 45 minutes, and then being told that the piece, coming from Las Vegas, would still be subject to sales tax even if I had it shipped to my home in NJ (and never received an explanation as to why this was the case and has never been the case for any other retailer ever in my experience). They also refused to knock off anything off the price to buy the model, in shop, with came with a Nato, not the leather strap I preferred. I was promised an explanation as to the sales tax issue and, again, they never followed up.

Weirdly, I have had nothing but an amazing experience dealing with WoS Las Vegas. Great communication, super effort to meet my every need, and discounts. So, I do all my business with the Las Vegas branch. It's a shame, because I'm in Soho all the time and see no good reason to stop in.

Just my personal experience.

tjs likes this.
  17. Wetworks Feb 28, 2019

I received no discount on my 300 Diver, but automatically assumed that was because it was in high demand and tough to find (grey dial on bracelet). I guess they refuse to budge off their prices due to location? The rest of my experience there was terrific, from being served coffee to the cocktail bar. I was shown some vintage pieces that they had for sale, was never once made to feel like I should consider anything other than what I went there to buy. I even talked whisky and watches with the representative from Seiko as well.

Th only 'bad' part of the experience was the sizing, as the fellow who was helping in that aspect was a bit argumentative when I insisted on taking out another link. While the fit was pretty spot on when the initial sizing was done, I had planned on losing weight and the micro-adjust on the clasp was already fully closed at its shortest position. When I expressed this, he was adamant that my wrist would expand as the day progressed (true), and that micro adjust WOULDN'T be a good option because "it makes the watch flop around on my wrist, I have the same watch." Of course, he was talking about the dive extension on his older version SMP, which I pointed out. After that was cleared up, my watch was then sized to my liking, with an apology. Sounds like a lot, but it was a 2 minute back and forth, just wanted to paint the whole picture.

So, aside from that and the MSRP I paid, I feel the overall experience was a positive one.

tjs and sturosen like this.
  18. many Feb 28, 2019

I'm a big fan of that store.

tjs likes this.
  19. pipewhiner Mar 6, 2019

Is Albany too far? I had a great experience buying my SMPc at northeastern fine jewelry and they were pretty willing to make a great deal

20. Royal68 Mar 7, 2019

Tourneau is definitely still selling Omegas. I don’t know where you’re located but I went to Roosevelt field mall in Long Island NY and Tourneau had an Omega section. There’s also boutiques in Manhattan