Forums Latest Members
  1. doctorm Feb 29, 2020

Can someone tell me how to activate the time zone subdial located at 3 o’clock position?

2. AntonisCy Feb 29, 2020

By pressing the top pusher?

It might be used as a second timezone but it is the chronograph minutes and hours (seconds are counted with the center seconds hand).

3. SPMN Feb 29, 2020

Yeah, it isn't a timezone dial. I suppose you could wait until it's noon or midnight at the place where you'd like to reference and then push the top pusher to start the chrono function.

The right sub dial is the chronograph function. It won't move until you hit the top button, and allows you to time things.

4. doctorm Feb 29, 2020

Thanks guys, very helpful. So, for example, if I want to time an event in London (+ 5 hrs ahead of EST), I should start the chronograph at 7.00 pm EST when it is 12 am in London...correct? Many thanks for your help. Doctorm

5. SPMN Feb 29, 2020

Exactly. It isn’t designed to be operated that way but you can certainly use it that way. It’s just a pain to set up. If you do this frequently, true GMT watches are more useful.

6. doctorm Mar 1, 2020

Thank you everyone. I’m not very watch savvy.
    —Doctorm

7. doctorm Mar 2, 2020

Another question about Omega’s 9300 self-winding Moon Watch: If you cannot wear the watch every day, how often should it be manually wound to keep it from stopping? How do you know when to stop winding it—I don’t want to over wind the watch.

Many thanks for your assistance.

8. SPMN Mar 2, 2020

It has a 60-hour power reserve. That doesn't mean it will run for 60 hours after you take it off. It just means it's capable of doing so. Depending on how active your lifestyle is, it may stay fully topped off, or it may hover with only a few hours of power reserve after removing the watch. Because of that variability, no one can say how often you'll need to keep it wound up. You'll discover that over time, and it's not a big deal to reset when you need to.

You cannot overwind this movement. Almost all modern watches have a clutch that will slip to prevent overwinding.

My opinion would be to not bother winding just to keep it going. If it dies, it dies. You'll need to wind it at that point anyway, and it doesn't hurt the watch at all. The benefit is that your watch will tell you exactly when it died, so you'll come to learn just how much of a power reserve you typically keep on the watch.

I would recommend going to YouTube and typing in "Omega 9300" and watch a review from WatchBox. Tim Mosso gives excellent, straightforward reviews/descriptions of watches. He describes operation, specs, etc very well.

9. doctorm Mar 3, 2020

SPMN: A perfect and very clear explanation. Thank you very much for taking the time to walk me through it. Chronographs are new to me. My last watch was a Timex. Doctorm