Forums Latest Members
  1. xavier64 May 9, 2018

Hello,
    I recovered my father's omega 8192 Hz Electroquartz clock.
    The batteries have leaked and there is some corrosion to the contactors but I think it will work after a cleaning
    I know there are few copies and I wonder what price can it cost?
    I'm in France.
    Best regards

Xavier

IMG_20180509_172340.jpg IMG_20180509_172354.jpg
  2. lillatroll May 9, 2018

Hello

Here are some images of the movement taken by Tom Dick who has one of these. In a thread about this clock he writes that they were not made for general sale and the movement looks to be assembled to a high standard.

I have no idea what price it's worth, but as a big fan if megaquartz watches I would love to add one to my collection one day.

IMG_3467.jpg IMG_3464.jpg

wsfarrell likes this.
  3. wsfarrell May 9, 2018

There's one of these on eBay now, also with corroded battery terminals, for $2,595/best offer. Seems a little steep to me.

Oops, just read the wikipedia entry on these; $2,595 may be reasonable:

"In addition to the beta 21 Electroquartz watches Omega also developed an 8192 Hz Electroquartz clock, this was Omega SA's first quartz production quartz clock and used a thermo-compensated quartz bar and integrated circuit, produced in very small numbers under caliber 1390. The quartz clock was supplied in a stylish grey Cycolac resin case, because of the size and complexities of the movement the clock was quite large and weighed in at over 1 kilo. The clock runs on 4 AA type batteries and has an accuracy of circa 12 seconds per year. It features time and date and has a lever for manually trimming the seconds without interfering with the operation of the watch. There are very few remaining examples of these clocks, other than those on display at the Omega museum in Bienne and Swiss Time Services in the UK, and there are less than 10 known examples in private collections. The pictured clock (owned by Omega collector Thomas Dick) is serviced and working correctly and is accurate to 12 seconds per year, which is within specification of +/- 1 second per month when kept at a constant temperature of between 10 °C and 30 °C."

4. webvan May 9, 2018

It's been bouncing around on eBay for months, if not years...these clocks are well, priceless !

5. webvan Aug 10, 2021

6. webvan Jan 19, 2023

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 20, 2023

US$ 1000 ? Yes. But: no cases left at the factory. The Resin case can be glued together with Plumber`s PVC Priming Fluid clear and gaps filled with PVC Pipe Cement Type N clear. You have to work fast .... After drying you can rough up the now clear glued parts with a Dremel metal Brass Disc. Best by hand because the results are not reverse able. Mine came broken due to lousy packaging , shipped from the USA. Keeps excellent time and is easy to regulate. Great piece of History !

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 20, 2023

another one ( or the same from above ? ) with really far gone contacts from Portugal .... needs the terminals re done. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/163637412884Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network .

9. webvan Jan 21, 2023

That one's been on eBay for a very long time I think !

Good to know a broken case can be somewhat fixed.