Forums Latest Members
  1. Blackwatch 1 Mar 19, 2014

Hi new member.
    I have a..I think Navigators watch 159 /6B
    it has a black face hand painted looks like light green second hand hour-minutes also

I have noticed other type watches white face blues hands was interested in knowing the idea
    of black face on mine.

Will upload photos of movement & face,it was owned by a bomb aimer,my mother recalls she is 84 years old.
    It was serviced two years ago,I ran a four colour printing press my friend asked me not to were it as it could be valuable
    bought several watches put it in a cupboard,back on my wrist again does not miss a second-Love it..........still looks class.

2. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Mar 19, 2014

The Black dial was a MOD replacement. The question is whether you have a 6b/159 or a larger 1956 recased 6b/159 with MOD redial.
    Let's see some photos.

3. Blackwatch 1 Mar 21, 2014

Hi Larry
    Tried to get the back case off,looks like I need a special tool for this.
    Has 6B/159 A 6563 on the back.

HPIM7559.JPG HPIM7563.JPG
  4. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Mar 21, 2014

That's lovely, what appears to be a steel case ref. 2292 with 30T2Sc. I think after 1943 given mil engravings.
    I'm a fan of these RAF watches, have a half dozen or so: a handful of weems, a couple of larger recases (done in 1956, with these types of redial, using 1940's movements, Longines, Omega and JLC) and a couple of plain old 6b's like this one.
    Some consider them small- 33 mm, but I think they make lovely daily beaters- prized but not really valuable.
    Definitely wear it!

5. Blackwatch 1 Mar 22, 2014

Hi LarryG
    thanks for your post,I had done some research on this model was not sure if it was one that was sent back to MOD.
    Fantastic mechanical movement considering its age.