Forums Latest Members

Omega 6b/159 (ww2 British Military Watch) Without Markings.

1. Emilo111 Mar 30, 2013

Hi all,

I won an auction for (what I believe to be an) Omega 6b/159 on eBay last night. It does, however, not have the Air Ministry markings on the back case. How much does this fact decrease the value of the watch?

Also, here is a picture from the auction. Feedback on whether this actually is the 6b/159 would be highly appreciated.
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Emil

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 30, 2013

Picture is too small to give you much information. I think that some of this model were sold on the civilian market before WWII.

However, it is always possible that the markings were polished out or the caseback replaced at some point.
    gatorcpa

3. Emilo111 Mar 30, 2013

I tried to look up on whether Omega sold these to consumers before the delivering to the British army, but I have failed to find any significant evidence they did. Some people suggest that a fair amont of the British military personnel went out of their way to make the watches seem civilian. But I am unsure. Anyway, any thoughts on the value marked vs non-marked?

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 30, 2013

dial and hands seem to be correct. case looks different, but more pics. needed. maybe the link to the auction? kind regards. achim

5. Emilo111 Mar 30, 2013

The link to the auction is herePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network. The pictures are not the best. Still not sure if it was an okay deal or not. The dial looks to be both original end in really good condition, which made me go for it.