Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega 6B/159 Royal Air Force (RAF) Military Watch

1. toddle321 Sep 21, 2015

For sale is my Military Omega 6B/159 Royal Air Force (RAF) watch. In 1956 the Ministry of Defense (MOD) modified existing used stocks of the wartime Omega wristwatches by repainting the dials and replacing the crowns and cases. The MOD retained the 30 T2 SC movements from the original watches. Technically a redial, but it was done by the MOD and then issued so I think it's acceptable in this case :)

This watch was issued and owned by an RAF vet that moved to the US after being discharged, I will provide his details to the buyer. The original owner had the fixed bars removed after he was discharged so he could wear it with a normal watch strap; I had my watchmaker reattach fixed bars. The case is in overall decent shape with scratches on the case back as shown in the pictures. I am not sure if the crown is original or a replacement. The case back markings read 6b/159 and the issue serial number is 3775/56. The movement number is 9824364, which dates it to 1942/1943. The MOD dial is correct with matching light green lume and hands that match the dial lume nicely. The watch keeps time but I do not know the service history, so I recommend a service if you plan to wear the watch regularly. The watch is sold on the light green period correct NOS VB NATO style strap, it looks fantastic on the watch and is actually very comfortable.

Asking $1,275 US (net to me) shipped CONUS via FedEx 2-day with Parcel Pro. International shipping is at cost less $30. Payment accepted via Paypal (with references, buyer to cover fees), Chase Quickpay or wire.

References are available by request or in the feedback section of the forum. No returns unless the watch is not as described.

Please contact me via PM or at toddle3218 at yahoo dot com. Thanks for looking!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG IMG_6818.JPG IMG_6819.JPG IMG_6820.JPG
    Tallyho likes this.