Forums Latest Members

Omega 381 `missing` pusher for month corrector, help!

1. cristos71 Jan 2, 2017

So today I decided to manually change the month on my pride and joy, fresh back from service, 2471 Cosmic Moonphase which I have been parading around these parts the last few weeks :D

Shock and horror when I went to set it with my toothpick where before there was a very small pusher now there is only a horrible small hole. I was immediately on the phone to my WM who is hopeful that the missing pusher cannot have come out of the case but has probably remained inside.

I have of course stopped wearing it and it will be taken in for repairs in due course, but I was wondering what the collective here think, is there a chance that the pusher has come out of the case and is lost? Or is my WM correct to assume (hope?!) that it should be floating around somewhere within the movement? I´ve looked at the blowups of the cal 381 and its constituent parts but can´t really tell if that tiny bit of steel would be able to fall out of that tiny hole or not :confused:

The watch has been running continually since 21 Dec with no problems which somewhat makes me doubt that it will be found inside.....:(

Follow up question....are these month indicator pushes to be found/ordered or will it necessitate a custom build?

20170102_114445.jpg

2. omegastar Jan 2, 2017

I feel deeply sorry for you and I hope it is inside the watch. Be courageous and try to think of something else my friend.
    Mounir

cristos71 likes this.
  3. cristos71 Jan 2, 2017

Thanks Mounir :)

Just a watch I know, but I also used to get very upset as a young lad when my toys got broken. Some things just never change, no matter what the age!

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 2, 2017

From the Extranet for the CK2471 case:

72203811546 | PUSHERS FOR DATE CORR. + MONTH CORR L3.5

Information: This item is not available

Interestingly they have listed it as a movement part rather than a case part, but it is listed on the BOM for the case parts - that is odd and atypical in my experience.

Are you sure it was there when the watch came back? I have seen them sheared off from the inside by someone not making sure the movement spacer was clear of the corrector inside the case before tightening the case back in place, and it shears the corrector off. I don't know exactly what this one looks like, but the modern correctors are spring loaded and if they break off, the portion you push will be ejected from the case by the spring.

You might be able to find one that is close to the right size or can be modified, but even that will be a bit of a job for sure.

Bummer.

Cheers, Al

5. cristos71 Jan 3, 2017

Thanks for the jnfo Al.

No, I´m not sure it was there when I got the watch back, I didn´t check, but having said that I can´t believe I could have missed that hole for the best part of two weeks since I picked it up as I´ve worn the watch quite a lot since then.

6. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Jan 3, 2017

What bracelet do you have fitted on there?

7. cristos71 Jan 4, 2017

8. cristos71 Jan 27, 2017

I came back from my watchmaker on Wednesday afternoon with my Cosmic back on my wrist and once again in perfect working condition :)

It turns out that the problem had been caused by a broken screw. The screw in question holds the month setting lever in place which in turn holds the month pusher under tension in the hole in the case with the pusher top flush with the case side. The broken screw caused the setting lever to lose its tension on the pusher which in turn sunk back quite deep into the case. So actually it all turned out to be something of a Cosmic storm in a teacup as there were never any parts gone missing!

Here's the little bastard that caused me so much stress :D

20170125_192836.jpg

And my precious back on my wrist ::love::

20170126_142148.jpg

Edited Jan 27, 2017
    Hattrick, nlogax, Mark020 and 18 others like this.
  9. omegastar Jan 27, 2017

Great news, we can all relax now.
    Mounir

Taybharr and cristos71 like this.
  10. boat2dan Jan 27, 2017

Sure you cracked a cold one after receiving back that grail Chris, great!! :thumbsup:

Jwit and cristos71 like this.
  11. cristos71 Jan 27, 2017

Low Lands solidarity, love it ;)

omegastar likes this.
  12. Kja Jan 27, 2017

Idk.. But your watch is sexy as f"$!

13. JohnSteed Jan 27, 2017

Good outcome Chris :thumbsup:

14. omegastar Jan 28, 2017

I have been walking head down since, looking at the floor for that pusher. What a relief !

cristos71 likes this.