Forums Latest Members
  1. vincereynard Oct 18, 2015

I recently bought what I hope is a clean original 368.0845 (? is that correct).

Sometime between buying and receiving it got a small chip in the crystal just above the 1. It is very small but
    can just be felt with a nail. Contact with the seller proved fruitless - shall we say.

Where can I buy a replacement please? Even if I do not fit it I can keep it as a spare. I would also like to take the movement out to check its originality. Is it just the 4 compression screws or something else as well? How about the winder and stem?

I am thinking of buying the attached round dial stainless watch as a daily wearer. Does £600 seem a reasonable price?
    I have seen the watch and it does seem clean and undamaged but not too polished!

Finally where can I buy some proper watchmaker screwdrivers? I cannot trust any stuff of Ebay for a few £££.

Sorry! Lots of questions. I anyone could answer any it would be appreciated.

Vince

omega-constellation-18k-72-04.jpg omega-constellation-18k-72-08.jpg ScreenHunter_27 Oct. 18 23.13.jpg ScreenHunter_28 Oct. 18 23.17.jpg
  2. redpcar Oct 18, 2015

If you have never worked on watches before, I don't recommend you attempt this. The 4 screws hold the case in place. You remove these then press out from the top. You risk cracking the crystal and then find out the gaskets are crap. Or worse, jar the crystal into the dial/hands. The crown and stem will stay with the bottom case part. Don't need to mess with them unless you plan on servicing. I'll let someone more wise help you with the case number so you can order a new crystal.
    Does the chip go all the way through? If not you can always polish it out.
    I personally use inexpensive screwdrivers then grind them with a dremel to the size I need.

3. redpcar Oct 18, 2015