Forums Latest Members

Omega 33.3, Pilots Chronograph Back From Spa Treatments At Sts

1. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 7, 2012

Hi all

Not posted much on the forum so thought I would share a few of my recent pieces and articles, here is number 1:

Just wanted to share something very very special with you all before it goes to a new home, it's not a piece I had planned to part with but we have just relocated and are shopping for a new house so I am most likely going to be moving the piece on soon to fund the deposit.

I bought the watch a little while back, little did I know quite what I had bought until it arrived, it was a speculative purchase but when it arrived I realised I had got something very special, probably one of only a tiny number (if not 1 of 1) completely original Omega 33.3 Pilots Chronographs, never refinished, never restored, never touched!

[​IMG]

The watch has just come back from a very sympathetic services at Omega Vintage UK/ Swiss Time Services, where it was catered for under their bespoke restoration programme handled personally by their service Manager Simon. The case was cleaned by hand, the movement stripped, clean and rebuilt and the crystal (which has age related cracking) replaced. I think the results speak for themselves and are a real testament to the bespoke service STS offers under thier Vintage Restoration department which even comes with a 24 month warranty!:

[​IMG]

The Omega extract of archive confirms it was produced on 28/8/1941 and delivered to Switzerland (as many collectors will know all 33.3’s were produced under license for Omega by watch orient who later became Lemania). Since its delivery to Switzerland it has obviously led a very privileged life. The case retains it completely original finish, the dial is totally untouched (although showing some age and patina and there is a small scratch at 7) and the movement is not far of being completely unused, in the words of Simon it is the best 33.3 he has seen.

[​IMG]

The 33.3's are one of the most sought after Omega Chronographs and short of the 2915 Speedmaster certainly the most valuable, I guess I was just the right man in the right place at the right time on this occasion. Hope you all like it? I felt it was important I share it with the community before I move her on to a new home

Best wishes Tom

2. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 7, 2012

Here are a couple of movement shots prior to cleaning, the movement was dirty and tarnished through lack of use indicating that its probably only ever been serviced a couple of times

Impressive from this during the strip down:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To this as an end product:

[​IMG]