Forums Latest Members
  1. Davidt Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know if STS are currently able to service 321 movements on site or do they need to go to Bienne?

I know a few months ago folk were saying Swatch had informed them all cat4 watches must be serviced back in Switzerland. Since then I seem to remember a post where someone had managed to get one serviced but alas, I can't find the post now.

Anyone know?

2. Davidt Nov 24, 2014

Crap. I've put this in the wrong section.

Mods, can you please move this to vintage.

Thanks

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 24, 2014

Yes they can.
    Technically you are using a different company, and the invoice reflects this. "SwissTec" from memory. All the people are the same.
    And because they are not operating under Omega "standards" they can leave pushers and Crystals alone if you want.

4. Davidt Nov 25, 2014

That is exactly the answer I was hoing for. Time to get in touch I think.

Thanks.

5. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 29, 2014

Spacefruit is correct, STS have a sister company Swisstec based in the same premises, Swisstec cover all the non omega elements of their work, including their official service centre status for Ball, Ebel, Girard Perregaux. Swisstec will be able to handle all of the work for you and have an extensive range of parts so as long as it isn't an utter basket case it should be an easy job. People to speak to are Simon or Richard

6. Davidt Nov 29, 2014

Thanks chaps. You're both right. I've been speaking to Simon and I'll be sending a package their way next week hopefully.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  7. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 30, 2014

Simon's a top chap, STS done maybe 100 of my Omega, in actually probably more and in the over 10 years I have known them they have always done a superb job