Forums Latest Members
  1. JayBe Mar 13, 2017

I know that this is not a popular request and I fully understand the reasoning behind it, but I happen to take a liking to a specific watch and find it hard to find common ground with the seller. I cannot tell whose expectations are off.

Its about a 30T2 ref 2390/3 from 1944 with a dial and patina that i find really attractive and its in really nice condition. The only thing that bothers me is the regulating lever all the way at "retard". However, it is only 32.5mm in diameter without crown, which to me should lower the value. Looking around, those 35mm versions go for around 400 to 700usd.

Seller is asking 450 USD for the watch in question and I would rather see it at 300 to 350 USD.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 13, 2017

It's a very nice watch in bad need of a service.

Try to negotiate the size/service issues to drop the price. If not, walk away.

(Unless the price doesn't bother you if the watch has a siren call like hold on you, I have lost that battle before as well).

Willem023 likes this.
  3. JayBe Mar 13, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We agree on the same issues that are generally true for valuating watches, which is size and condition.

The problem is, that I paid about the same for a Constellation c-shape (cal 1021) and a Seamaster Cosmic (cal 565). So given the same market environment, I was wondering where these 30T2 are / should be?

34Ford likes this.
  4. 34Ford May 1, 2020

I wish mine looked that good!

5. mac_omega May 2, 2020

This is a very well preserved watch for that era.

The dial is original and looks very good, hands are original as is the crown. The movement does not show abuse or rust.

A service will not cost you a fortune as it is a simple movement.

The watch is not cheap but sometimes it is better to overpay a little - I would try to meet at 400, a good compromise for both I think.

If it sings to you - go for it.

Farmer, bardamu, felsby and 3 others like this.