Forums Latest Members
  1. VintageOmegaLove Apr 29, 2019

Just wanted to share with you all, something that I picked up recently - a 30T1 dating to 1940. Not so common!

Dial - original, with patina ::love:: bulls-eye dial?
    Hands - original
    Case - Case ref. 10087570, approx. 33mm in diameter, unpolished with some light scuffs and one or two deeper scratches
    Movement - 30T1 serial no. 921....with bi-metallic balance wheel. not in the greatest shape, rust and scratches
    Crown - unsigned crown, which was what they used at the time, I believe it is original
    Crystal - unsigned but I believe it to be original. It was pretty nasty to begin with, but I gave it a gentle polish.

IMG_2720.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg IMG_2725.jpg IMG_2726.jpg IMG_2737.jpg IMG_2727 copy.jpg IMG_2728 copy.jpg IMG_2734.jpg IMG_2730.jpg

It's currently not running properly, but that will change soon when I bring it in for a service when I can. I am thinking of bringing it to Michael Young in HK the next time I head that way since I've used his services previously and he also seems to have a following. Would that be a wise move? The balance looks rather rusty, not sure if thats salvageable otherwise I'll have to scour the web for a replacement! I'm already having trouble with that.

It does run if I rotate the watch back and forth but I've now released the tension on the mainspring, which probably built up when the previous owner continued winding it to get it to work, so no further damage can be done to the moving parts of the watch.

Such a lovely sector dial and cute little size. I've already ordered a new strap and can't wait for it to be fixed up and on my wrist. Still on the hunt for a period-correct buckle too - seen one on the bay, but that one costs more than what I even paid for the watch :taunt:

Hope to hear some of your comments, opinions and any additional information that you may have on the watch - that's always welcome! Who doesn't want to learn something new? ;)

All the best,
    Chris

Edited Dec 12, 2020
  2. VintageOmegaLove Feb 17, 2021

Thanks @PoljotNormalnij ! It’s a great dial isn’t it? From my own research, I believe it is a CK 2243. I would like to get an Extract from the Archives for this one someday.

I have since gotten this little guy running great again!
    Here’s a recent shot with a screenshot from a video of the movement. Looks much nicer now inside now.

37E241E2-F6BE-4917-957E-B2897B59D32E.jpeg
    0FFAF47C-A178-46BA-9882-4529CB302D33.jpeg

All the best,
    Chris

Dr No, watchyouwant and Tako Yaki like this.