Forums Latest Members
  1. tombakille Dec 13, 2014

Hello,

Because not being an Omega expert I wanted to ask for your help. And also share a photo of this very nice looking timepiece. I recently bought an Omega from trusted seller. When I first saw the watch I liked how it looked. After going thru the history etc. made a quick decision of buing it. It seems to be an Omega Officer from 1939, the serials match the year (915XXXX). Caliber is 30T1. It is been restaured maybe by Omega or some other very skillful expert judging from the craftmanship. Size is 38mm.

What I wanted to know more about is this version of an Officer. There is not a single one with the same dial in the internet. At least I haven't been able to find one. According to the seller this is a civil version of Officer. Can anybody tell me anything more about this beauty? If any questions, shoot.

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Dec 13, 2014

the dial is repainted. but whatever it is, it is a good looking omega ! kind regards. achim

tombakille likes this.
  3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Dec 13, 2014

As mentioned, the dial looks like it was refinished. I hope this was disclosed when you bought the watch.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 13, 2014

I do not think your watch is an "Officer", either military or civilian. Here is the Omega Vintage Database listing for that model:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-watches-database?ref=15100

As you can see this watch is much smaller than yours.

Your watch looks like a very early 30mm model. These generally did not have specific model names. I agree with achim, the dial was refinished, but it is a very high quality job, done with correct fonts. The seconds register printing would go right out to the edge of the subdial. Like these examples from Mac_Omega:

[​IMG]

Hopefully, you weren't overcharged for the originality which is lacking in this watch.

The hands look to be correct though.
    gatorcpa

5. tombakille Dec 14, 2014

Thanks for the replys so far. It definately was expensive, but I was aware on the "refinishing" of the dial. It looks so good there was no doubt about it. If anybody can make a guess on the right price for this watch, go ahead. I'm pretty sure I was overpriced, but on the other hand, it is a very nice watch from 1939 so I guess there right price is what somebody is willing to pay :).