Forums Latest Members
  1. wickedwabbit Sep 20, 2017

Hi all,

I'm Ben from the Philippines, hope everyone here is in good health and spirits. This is my first post here, though this site has been staple browsing for me these past six months. Really appreciate the knowledge and help furnished by the forumers. For almost a decade now I've been collecting Omegas from the 60s up to 80s, my earliest being a 14381 Constellation piepan railtrack in fair condition. I don't know much about earlier Omegas, and I'd like to ask advice and opinions on a Seamaster that's being offered me for some $350. Here are some pictures from the seller, please pardon the quality.

Seamaster cal 410 1 a.jpg Seamaster cal 410 2 a.jpg Seamaster cal 410 3 a.jpg Seamaster cal 410 4 a.jpg Seamaster cal 410 5 a.jpg Seamaster cal 410 6 a.jpg

I've been trying to google the model indicated in the caseback, but no joy. I've read though that the 410 is a pretty robust manual movement. This would be my second manual Omega if ever, and my first one (a Chronostop Geneve Driver) has been bullet proof so far (knock on wood!). The seller has assured me that the watch is running well, everything is original and the case hasn't been polished. I think this case measures 33mm or so without the crown. The dial has a lovely cream color but speckling, which is not uncommon for vintage watches in my tropical country. I also notice that there is possible damage at the back case behind 1 and 2 pm, though the inside case seems in pretty good shape.

Regarding the dial, the similar ones I've seen are either all index markers, or have arabic numerals at 3, 6, 9 and 12. I've not seen another one sub-second dial that has just the 12 arabic marker.

I'd appreciate any information on this model and this particular unit, how old is it, if everything does seem original and if it seems reasonably priced. Cheers!

2. DON Sep 20, 2017

Dial aged, but even all around. Movement is as noted a manual wind and probably not the most popular. Also in so so condition

Unsigned crown

Probably $175.00 at best or pass

DON

wickedwabbit likes this.
  3. GuiltyBoomerang Sep 20, 2017

15mil serial on movement dates to a 1956 manufacture date. Patina is quite nice and sub dial is nice to look at. Early Seamaster model before the hippocampus logo in the middle. You can see the markings of 'Seamaster' and 'Waterproof' are rubbed away somewhat due to wear. The Cal 410 is a workhorse movement for Omega, though it is on the small side, so I'm guessing the case is about 34-35mm wide. Unsigned crown, though that should not detract too much, and if anything, suggests the watch has been looked at in one point in the past by a watchmaker or enthusiast.

Pricewise, anything from $150-$225 seems fair. eBay will tend to be $250-350+.

wickedwabbit likes this.
  4. wickedwabbit Sep 21, 2017

Thanks for the info, Don.

Ben

5. wickedwabbit Sep 21, 2017

Thanks, Boom for the info. The seller was willing to go down to a bit over $300, but I passed as I was thinking closer to $200 would be fair considering the watch's condition.

Cheers all!

Ben