Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega 2791 4 cal. 266 $760 Serviced

1. vlaspri Feb 25, 2021

Hi OF!

Here is for sale a great Omega 2791-4 watch from 1954. The watch is stainless steel gold capped. On sale is the watch with a goldtoned stretch bracelet and brand new leather strap.

Case is made from stainless steel gold plated, measures 36mm. Lug width is 18mm. The case has a small dent on the lug at 1 o’clock, gold plating is very strong everywhere on the case (please see pics). Case has beautiful twisted lugs.

Dial is in mint condition, this one is satin silver in the center, and milky white in the outer seconds area. Due to this, dial has beautiful Pie Pan effect. Dial has gold toned hour markers and dauphine gold toned hands. Goldtone Omega logo is applied on the dial signed Omega and Swiss Made at 6 o’clock. Dial has seconds register at 6.

Edit: I had doubts about the dial's authenticity, but watchmaker said there's no evidence it had been restored. The 12 hour marker looks a bit off center, so it could be restored in past.

Crystal is authentic domed plexiglass, recently polished and still has Omega logo engraved in the center.

Naiad crown is authentic stainless steel gold tone signed with Omega logo, has signs of wear.

Caseback is made from stainless steel signed Waterproof and inside Fit Washer In Back in English, French, German and Spanish. Inside reference number 2791-4.

Movement is manual wind Omega caliber 266, has serial number 14329404 which means that the watch was made in 1954. Movement is recently serviced, cleaned and oiled up, runs decent.

Straps:
    First strap is a stretch goldtone stainless steel which is in great condition and gives the watch a vintage look. Second one is a brand new Omega brown leather strap with gold toned buckle.

This watch is in great condition for it’s age and still looks good due to it’s untouched and shiny white dial.

Also, you can spot many similarities between this Omega 2791 and Universal Geneve Polerouter: twisted lugs, case size, production year, dial with dual tone center and outer track.

Price is $760 through PayPal F&F (or $799 through G&S). DHL Express International shipping (2-5 working days) is included in price, I ship international from Chisinau, Moldova.

Haven't sold watches here on OF yet, but I had 2 transactions with OF members selling bracelets:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/vlaspri-great-buyer.109869/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/vlaspri-is-a-great-buyer.109467/

Also you can find my feedback on r/WatchExchange under the same nickname.

IMG_0966.jpg IMG_0967.jpg IMG_0968.jpg IMG_0969.jpg IMG_0971.jpg IMG_0972.jpg IMG_0975.jpg IMG_0977.jpg IMG_0978.jpg IMG_0979.jpg IMG_0980.jpg IMG_0984.jpg IMG_0986.jpg

Edited Feb 25, 2021
    Lonestar, prokudin, Eve and 1 other person like this.