Omega 2771-4

Posts
9,221
Likes
76,806
Can someone help with this serial number stamped on the back of the case?

To add the photo (or as many as you think might be useful) press 'add photos', go into your library(?) and click on 'add'.

Once the photos appear below, click on ‘insert photos', and then we’ll see 😀
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
That’s not the serial number. It’s the Omega case reference number. If memory serves, this may be one of the triple reference cases which was used by Omega for more than one model. Maybe with 2764 and 2765, I think.
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
To add the photo (or as many as you think might be useful) press 'add photos', go into your library(?) and click on 'add'.

Once the photos appear below, click on ‘insert photos', and then we’ll see 😀
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
The letters and numbers engraved on the outside of the case back would indicate that this watch was a military issue. That being said, I can’t remember ever seeing a reference 2771 with this style of dial. The serial number on the movement would indicate a 1944 year of manufacture. I am by no means an expert on Omega military issued watches, so I may be way off on my assessment. Let’s see what our resident military watch experts have to say.
 
Posts
5,660
Likes
9,496
Mish-Mash of Parts, that do not belong together. No value for a Collector.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
Mish-Mash of Parts, that do not belong together. No value for a Collector.
That’s what I thought as well, but didn’t want to say that unless I was certain.