Forums Latest Members
  1. JM251 Oct 5, 2015

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201439089902?rmvSB=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Just won this auction. Should I feel ok or was this an ::facepalm2:: move. Suddenly feel less confident than I was going in. ::shy::
    Gratitude in advance for your thoughts.

J

2. LawBrk Oct 5, 2015

Clean dial, I'm no expert on these models but the font looks a little suspect? The "m" in omega but again, no expert. The waffle is pretty and the bowler hat crown definitely has a fun vintage feel. Did you get any movement shots? I didn't see any on the listing, that would/could make you feel confident about the buy.

3. JM251 Oct 5, 2015

The logo fonts on some of these waffles can look a bit wonky.. I'm under the impression it's factory but.. Here are a couple mov't shots

om10.jpg om12.jpg
  4. LawBrk Oct 5, 2015

Nice and rosy. The screw heads are clean too, which hopefully means that the amateur "watchmaker" hasn't been near it. Really clean for its age which sets off my internal "too good to be true" alarm.

Just be sure to get it checked out when you take possession and if things are amis then take action through buyer protection.

One of the threads today detailed the feeling right after taking a chance on a piece "sight unseen". Joy, remorse, fear, anticipation, remorse, rationalization, adrenaline....then you get the watch and it reveals all. It's the fun of the hunt!

Ludi and JM251 like this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 6, 2015

Looks pretty nice with a clean original dial and movement. Price was close to full retail and assuming it needs a service, you'll be a little underwater with it when you are done.

However, there is some room for appreciation here and if gold trends upward, you'll do alright financially if you choose to move it on later.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

JM251 likes this.
  6. JM251 Oct 6, 2015

I'd love to see some other forum members' 2736's . Google search not yielding many results. Perhaps a short lived reference?

7. ref2736SC Jul 1, 2017

8. fjf Jul 2, 2017

You do know that's a bad redial, right?.

BenBagbag likes this.
  9. ref2736SC Jul 2, 2017

Definitely an atrocious redial. A bit hard to find clean examples.

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 3, 2017

Sometimes, 2 year old threads are not worth resurrecting.

palatine and Vitezi like this.