Forums Latest Members

Omega 2500 Aqua Terra white blue

1. carpetmonster Aug 21, 2017

I hope I wont violate any rules by asking if anyone could help me tell fair price for omega 2500 movement (working but probably requiring lubrication and cleaning as was lying for very long time in the drawer) with aqua terra white blue dial and hands? I looking to buy new watch and trying to valuate some old parts laying in my drawer.

2. albertob Aug 21, 2017

Welcome to OF!
    To make an estimation we would like to receive some additional data: good Res photos, year, if serviced recently or not, etc.
    Then we can give you an estimate of price point
    Cheers!

carpetmonster likes this.
  3. carpetmonster Aug 21, 2017

Movement is nos, newer used in watch (according to watchsmith that was inspecting it) but has one small scratch or dirt sign on rotor (someone was probably careless). My watchsmith told me that is in good condition and his timegrapher shows that its making +3s but he advised that it may require lubricating as was sitting for years in drawer. Serial number begins with 8008 which places it somewhere between 2005 and 7.
    Hands are new, I've got them from cousinsuk and never used.
    Dial was probably used but there are no signs of it (no scratches and very clean even looking through magnifying glass)

Edited Aug 21, 2017
  4. carpetmonster Aug 22, 2017

@albertob here are the photos, i didn't photograph the hands because they are small and I don't want to leave any fingermarks. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

albertob likes this.
  5. Jking something intelligent and witty... Aug 22, 2017

These don't come up often but assuming good condition and recently serviced somewhere from $2300-2800 would be reasonable. Lower end more likely without recent service/B&P and higher end of range with from what I've seen.

6. albertob Aug 22, 2017

I'm not the most experienced on this forum , but from the photos the watch seems ok. +3 seconds a day tells that a service is needed, keep into account additional 500 bucks for this, if you go in an Omega authorized center (not familiar with US prices, but should be somewhere there).
    And yes I would say as price between 2k and 3k, plus service.
    Hope it helps :)

7. wsfarrell Aug 22, 2017

Without getting into the "how often should a watch be serviced?" debate, I'd say +3 s/d sounds really good.

8. carpetmonster Aug 23, 2017

Thank you all for your replies. +3s is still COSC standard, but is safer to service movement that was laying in drawer for years.
    And to be honest the more I'm looking at this white dial the less I want to sell it. I need to rethink this all.

Edited Aug 23, 2017
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2017

10-12 years old, and stored in that container? Definitely needs a service before use. If it had been stored in the foil pack with inert gas then that would be a different story, but whoever buys this movement should count on doing a service. Timekeeping is not a reliable indicator of the need for servicing.

For the movement (considering it's a B) I would not pay more than maybe $1300 or $1400 in current state.

Cheers, Al

albertob and carpetmonster like this.
  10. JoRiHa Aug 23, 2017

The hole watch in good condition with box and paper is worth around 1900€ to 2100€. So i would spend 800€ max for some spare parts...

padders likes this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 23, 2017

You do know it is just a movement and dial, right? You could buy a whole fully working watch for that. I have seen junky 2500s for a little as a few hundred dollars, this one is presumably better than that but it isn't worth more than a full watch.

Edited Aug 23, 2017
  12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 23, 2017

Why? What do you want to do with a movement and a dial? How much will you pay for the case after that? And the bracelet, and the assembly.....

By the time you're done you could buy a new one or a good pre-loved one.

13. Jking something intelligent and witty... Aug 24, 2017

Ahh...no I thought he had the full watch. Shows how poor my reading comprehension is these days!! That being the case you are of course correct.

padders likes this.
  14. carpetmonster Aug 24, 2017

@padders yeah, in the meantime I figured out that price should be lower, there is one new 2500A on Ebay for around 500 € and there is no one willing to buy it.

15. Df13 Aug 24, 2017

It's probably a little tough to compare, because the 2500A had the shifting pallet fork issue, which was the biggest problem of the four 2500 variants. The reason to buy that movement is likely only for collecting.

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2017

Biggest problem? Easily solved with a new pallet bridge, and most A's were converted according to the trainer I spoke to at Omega. I would say the problems they never really fixed were bigger...

17. Df13 Aug 24, 2017

Ah, I thought I'd read that they simply upgraded 2500A watches with 2500B movements, so the 2500A models were becoming collectible. I must be mistaken.

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 24, 2017

Depends what you mean. The original 2500 movements that had problems had the bridge replaced to resolve that problem. If you have one that hasn't been upgraded, then yes it's probably a pretty rare thing. The B version has a number of upgrades done, not just the bridge...

19. Df13 Aug 24, 2017

Yeah, I thought they swapped the As for Bs, rather than just upgrading the bridge. My mistake.