Forums Latest Members
  1. brack Sep 12, 2013

Hi,
    I have a 1940's 23.4sc watch that needs new hands (maybe just the second hand).
    I am having no luck so far.
    Any ideas?
    23.4sc.JPG

2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Sep 12, 2013

Hands are difficult to find and it may not be worth the effort (and cost) required unless you also find a nice original dial. If you want some restoration, I would suggest reluming the minute hand. It is possible to colour it so that it is close to the patina of the dial and other hand. For the second hand, no other option than replacement I'm afraid, but the same issue of rarity / efforts / price will arise.
    I have no source other than buying watches or calibers for parts and am also actively chasing hands for 23.4SC. Any magic source is welcome!

3. rick42650 Sep 12, 2013

If you cannot find replacement hands-just accept this survivor the way it is....

4. Habitant Sep 13, 2013

I have a 23.4SC dial and hands that I am interested in selling. Here's a picture of the handset; please send me a PM if the shape appeals to you. They are different than yours in that they are solid and blued, as you can see.

_MDH5085.jpg

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 13, 2013

would not make sense. luminous numerals and non lume hands..... kind regards. achim

6. brack Sep 13, 2013

Thanks for all suggestions, but I feel I should hang on for correct hands or just try and get a replacement seconds hand.

7. brack Oct 18, 2013

Have managed to get hands re-lumed and replacement seconds hand (not quite right).
    Very pleased with work by Cheal watches UK.
    Ian DSC00279.JPG

8. John R Smith Oct 18, 2013

That looks great, Ian. The case on that watch is fantastic, really crisp after all these years. It was well worth the effort on the hands.