Forums Latest Members
  1. exdtan Jan 22, 2021

I have a SM 2254.50 cal. 1120.
    This been bugging me because I sometimes can change date when the crown is at position 2 by winding anti-clockwise.
    But once I manage to move one day then it stopped working. And then suddenly few days later I can do that for one time.

but according to manual this model is not supposed to be able to do that ?

Appreciate if anyone can help by sharing your experience.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 22, 2021

Position 2 is the date change position. Not recommended to change the date between say 9 PM and 2 AM or so, but other than that it should work. If not, the watch likely need to be repaired.

3. exdtan Jan 22, 2021

how many cycle/round I need to wind at position 2 to ‘advance’ to next date ?
    I have tried 20 and 5 rounds before I push it back to position 1. It didn’t work. Then suddenly I wind like 1 round ? And the date advanced without pushing to position 1. And stopped advancing afterwards.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 22, 2021

It's not working properly - you need to get it looked at.

MikiJ likes this.
  5. exdtan Jan 22, 2021

thanks I am going to take it to boutique after covid numbers quiet done a bit. It was serviced by a local watch gallery in 2015.
    Just wondering if anyone from Asia like Malaysia/Singapore ever send their watch to you before ?

I roughly tried to time it compare with my Ball nightbreaker, 2254 is still about -5 seconds late after 24 hours, while my Ball is - 32 seconds late.

Edited Jan 22, 2021