Forums Latest Members
  1. rlew Dec 9, 2015

Hi , I am a first time omega buyer and may well have been duped. Of course, I bought it on e-bay.
    The watch worked well for a couple of months and then just stopped. It is a mechanical and i thought i may have over-wound it until I found out that is a myth.
    I now find that i can not physically wind the crown. Neither can i pull it out to change the hands and when winding in reverse (to the left) the crown just unwinds till it comes off. There are no omega watch repairs in Darwin N.T. and i am loathe to send it to just anyone for repair. Does any one have any advice other than "stick to a timex"

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Dec 9, 2015

@STANDY is in the territory so might be able to recommend someone.

Photos always help.

STANDY likes this.
  3. rlew Dec 9, 2015

your right of course. will upload asap

4. rlew Dec 9, 2015

you are right of course. I have just used ph cam so not great detail. Stainlessteel

IMG_0739[1].JPG IMG_0734[1].JPG IMG_0738[1].JPG
  5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Dec 9, 2015

@dsio can this be my new subtitle!

Giff2577 and STANDY like this.
  6. rlew Dec 9, 2015

I looked up @STANDY, being a rabbithos supporter and a JW drinker I thought u may have some useful advice so I uploaded photos. only to find your advice was bollocks. thanks f nothing

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Dec 9, 2015

???????

And i never drink JW. I stick to Laphroig, Ardberg and Glenfiddich.

STANDY and Garv like this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 9, 2015

If you would like help on this site, I suggest you adjust your attitude. @STANDY may be able to point you in the right direction but you're not really giving him a reason to. Also, take your time to make sure your photos are clear. The ones you posted, IMHO, are useless. If it helps, I drink Oban and Highland Park.

STANDY and Garv like this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 9, 2015

You post crap pics.

Insult a respected member here who happens to be on the other side of the world at the moment.

Go off with no explanation.

If we don't suit you it's probably a good idea if you just fucked off then.

10. rlew Dec 9, 2015

but your right
    Yeah they were crap pics i quickly took on ph. looking up standy was bs. had nothing to do with watches. twitter bs and other stuff that had warnings that this site was not safe. I asked this forum for knowledge and got nothing in return. thats fair enough, didnt know if help was available and it wasnt. i draw the line at ppl taking the piss, so yeah I will fuck off as suggested, and the same to you.

11. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 9, 2015

STANDBY is a poster on the site. If you wait and aren't an ass, he will likely respond.

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 9, 2015

@rlew calm down, happen to be in Holand and Denmark at the moment to beat the hot as build up this year.

Will let you off as it is mango madness season at the moment.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/only-...ve-mango-madness/story-fnk2tg5d-1227131577311

You can get it looked at in Darwin if you PM me I will give you some tips on how to get it to a guy that will service it for you.
    (PM private message click on my croc picture and select send message)
    If you did not get it serviced once you bought it , it is due and needed...

13. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Dec 12, 2015

I've had a couple of PMs from @rlew he's apologised and we've wiped the slate clean.

Next time though, we can feed him to the crocs!