Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Mcurreri Jul 26, 2017

Nyc 5th avenue boutique still has them. quite far from bkk and hk but hey im sure you can make it work. If youd like i can put you in touch with a great sales exec there. How much for the spectre?

2. gforce Jul 26, 2017

Talked to my AD yesterday. "They are delayed leaving Switzerland and should arrive sometime in August". It seems that there are still some available.

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 26, 2017

I heard thought he grapevine yesterday that early August is now out the window, and the thought is August/ September.

4. abrod520 Jul 26, 2017

There's a new line of Railmasters with their own styling, not the 2914 reedition. If they're not on the website, they're certainly already trickling into stores

mikechi22 and Mcurreri like this.
  5. yinzerniner Jul 26, 2017

The new Railmasters are somewhat confusingly officially called the "Seamaster Aqua Terra Railmaster" instead of getting their own line name. That said their release was rather quiet and Omega doesn't even list them officially as a Baselworld 2017 release:
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/baselworld2017/

Even though they were covered by the media and proven to be a new edition for 2017
    https://monochrome-watches.com/omega-railmaster-master-chronometer-collection-baselworld-2017-price/
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/t...r-the-surprise-favorite-of-the-show-live-pics

However a few have started to trickle out for review, like here:
    http://wornandwound.com/review/omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-railmaster-review/

These probably have to be seen in person since non-applied indices and brushed finished dials always look better in person than in photos, but from what I've seen of pics taken from outside the booth they look like winners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kmart, mikechi22, nvrp813 and 3 others like this.
  6. mikechi22 Jul 26, 2017

Wow! Thanks for the update! I like the size - not sure I'm in love with the brushed and painted dials though. Very covetous of the 60th/'57 version however. This is worthy of a thread all its own!

7. Meanjohnbrown Jul 29, 2017

The big Westfield boutique in London closed down a couple of weeks ago.
    The problem with this store dying was that the 1957 waiting list died with it for many people.
    Omega UK made no obvious attempt to pick up the list and so everyone on it was basically stuffed.
    I scratched around and got a 100% deposit on a SM300 off the great guys at London Bluewater - genuinely helpful. But did anyone else lose out here?
    Omega UK could have organised it better...........it is frustrating being top of Omegas Westfield list (a UK list where deposits until very recently were refused - unlike the rest of the world) only for Omega to just "stiff" that list..........

Anyway getting over my moan/panic on being left on the sidelines - looking forward to it. Bluewater said ETA at September/October :-/

8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 29, 2017

I thought none of the 57s were sold out yet?

9. Meanjohnbrown Jul 29, 2017

Definitely seamasters and railmasters around.

10. mikechi22 Jul 29, 2017

It's still possible to reserve a LE '57 Speedmaster in at least 2 OB's in the USA.

11. mikechi22 Jul 29, 2017

How rotten of them! Maybe it's best that they didn't have your money, but all anyone needed to do was raise a finger to say the allotment and waiting list are now located at...

12. Meanjohnbrown Jul 29, 2017

I spoke to the guys before London Westfield closed and they said the waiting list was being passed over to other OBs. Pretty sure that didn't happen.

I know I was second in line for the trilogy at Westfield as I had ordered it within an hour of Basel reveal back in March.

Actually due both to the unwanted dial text - and honestly running short of funds (I bought a heuer GMT that I wasn't planning to) losing my place in the trilogy queue wasn't the worst.

But in our weird savant hobby - when u are patiently placed in a queue for some once only LE - for that queue to just evaporate is a kicker.

In hindsight I may have been a bit naive. I am a bit new to this and have been told that the speedy snoopy sales were a bit hit and miss (deposits laid at OBs and no watch......).

Anyway u live and learn

IMG_5251.JPG
    wkimmd and mikechi22 like this.
  13. mikechi22 Jul 29, 2017

But, you're still going to buy this new, Holy Trinity 1957 re-release?! Damn!!

14. Meme-Dweller Jul 29, 2017

Wait wait wait wait wait wiaifisirsjdrksbdhfjd. The Seamaster 300 Spectre is still available to order at the OB?!

15. mikechi22 Jul 29, 2017

Ummmmm, sorry about that. False alarm. That was a Lost in Translation moment with the OB in Bangkok. She couldn't take a reservation on the 60th/'57 LE Railmaster or Seamaster. As a sop, she offered me a "Seamaster 300m Spectre" that they had in the store. She just failed to include the pesky little adverb "like" in her email...like the Spectre. Even after two more clarifying emails. I went there hoping to get the bargain of a lifetime on a watch I didn't really want! But, alas...like the Spectre. Not "the" Spectre. Sorry.

16. Meme-Dweller Jul 30, 2017

lol. So what was it, a regular Seamaster 300 MC?

mikechi22 likes this.
  17. mikechi22 Jul 30, 2017

Yes, it was a regular Seamaster 300. It does look like the Spectre, but...

18. mikechi22 Jul 31, 2017

Anyone hear any news on delivery dates?

19. arcadelt Jul 31, 2017

Yep, I heard they would be here when they are here.

20. sgk Jul 31, 2017

Hi all, I tried to reserve the Speedmaster and Seamaster at London OB but was told none available. Would appreciate it if someone can point me to an OB that might have allocation left. Europe preferred, but US could also work. Much obliged