Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Meme-Dweller May 11, 2017

Well, I hope instead of saturating the marketplace with yet another LE, they make minor, yet meaningful changes to the regular production Speedy. Something along the lines of the same watch but with a fully-lumed tachymeter (maybe even a ceramic insert if they want to fall into current trends like on the Silver Snoopy) and an upgraded 1861 with anti-magnetic properties and a vertical clutch/column wheel.

2. arcadelt May 11, 2017

Boring - I want to see the frenzy around a limited edition replica moonwatch with a cal. 321 of just 1969 pieces! [emoji6]

McJamesT, Pun and Bushido like this.
  3. Bushido May 11, 2017

That's released targeting prime North American west coast time!!

4. Alexwatchmad May 11, 2017

frazierspa likes this.
  5. arcadelt May 12, 2017

Interesting, especially the second link showing the comparison between original and re-edition. Have to say though, I'm getting a bit sick of the armchair critics and their constant comments about this or that not being right, and especially the whining about the "aged" lume. I've recently bought another pretty accurately recreated re-edition watch and it has white lume. Looking at pictures of originals I would love for the lume to be a bit less stark, knowing full well that luminova is unlikely to ever change colour.

6. Alexwatchmad May 12, 2017

I've just visited yesterday my OB in Venice. They've confirmed that my speedy is coming .. with my chosen number!

Can't wait to wear mine!

frazierspa likes this.
  7. rominvicta May 12, 2017

So soon? Or you meant regular one? Hype is there already, please let us know, or otherwise i start calling my AD immediately.

frazierspa likes this.
  8. eccentric May 12, 2017

Hi Guys,
    I went to an event that my local AD organized yesterday and had the chance to try the 60th for the first time. I have ordered one and the spokesperson from Omega said that they will start to hit the stores from June, but he also said that I could expect my watch after the summer.

IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1580.JPG IMG_1582.JPG
  9. frazierspa May 12, 2017

No way! How cool is that?! Envious. My local OB event in Tyson's Corner, Virginia is May 24th at 7:00 pm. Mr. Eccentric, more details, please! Where was your event? AD or an OB? Did they have all three 60th's there? Did you purchase the '57 Speedy before seeing the watch or at the event after seeing the watch? What are your impressions? How does it wear? Too shiny/blingy or does it look like a tough tool watch? Did you get to see the two straps that it comes with?
    Thanks for the photos, dude!
    Scott

10. frazierspa May 12, 2017

Anyone here near Tyson's Corner, Virginia?

unnamed.jpg
    watchme likes this.
  11. eccentric May 12, 2017

Hi Scott,

I found the watch to fit very neatly on my wrist and my concerns regarding if it would be to small is not an issue any more, in comparison with my Sub ref. 114060 and the standard speedy pro ref. 311.30.42.30.01.005 it felt very slender.

As you can see in the pictures the dial is quite different depending on which angel the light hits it from. When the light hits it straight above it is fairly grayish but when the light is indirect or hits the dial from the side is appears to be blacker.

The beige superluminova is clearly visible but more toned down in the flesh in contrast to the press images.

The bracelet was also very neatly done, in comparison to the bracelet that comes with the regular speedy pro it felt slender and lower in profile, even though I don’t really know if that’s the case. It also had the glide lock function as you probably already know.

I didn’t take a picture of the case back but I can say that Omega has done a good job on that as well. The inscription, “LIMITED EDITION” was in very small font and the inscription “60TH ANNIVERSARY” was not big either, they was done in a subtle way.

My overall impressions of the watch is that it is a more elegant and romantic version of the speedmaster in contrast to the more adventurous and robust speedy pro. With that said it is in no means a light or flimsy watch, the bracket felt very steady. I don't find the watch that bling, it is kind of understated.

I purchased my watch a couple of day after the announcement, so that was before this event. The Omega spoaksperson who I spoak to told me that they sold out the watches by no. I am living in Stockholm, Sweden so I don't know if he meant that my country is sold out or it the entire stock is.

They had all new omega watches at the event including the rest of the trinity. They even had the speedy tuesday, but I did not see the additional straps. This took place at my AD not at a OB.

overall it is a beautifully watch :)

Hans the Wolf and frazierspa like this.
  12. eccentric May 12, 2017

And there is the Railmaster!

IMG_1583.JPG
  13. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 12, 2017

I am. I have only purchased straps, AJTT, etc. through them though, so I have not received an invite.

14. frazierspa May 12, 2017

Wow! Great feedback e, and a big relief =) Thanks for taking the time. Appreciate it!
    St

eccentric likes this.
  15. frazierspa May 12, 2017

BlackTalon, let me know if you'd like to go. If you do, I'll send you the email address for Diego, the sales rep. who assisted me with my purchase.
    Scott

16. Cool Breeze May 12, 2017

frazierspa likes this.
  17. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. May 12, 2017

I think the "additional lume dot" is evidence of a stepped dial when it should be domed. The dial on the right has longer indices on the subdials too. Hence the comment on that IG post from user vinmowatches suggesting the dial on the right is incorrect.

I'm just glad that Omega didn't use that particular 2915 as the template to design the 60th anniversary model. ;)

Edit: adding screen grab from https://www.instagram.com/johnswatches/ to illustrate what we're talking about:
    60th - 2915.JPG

Edited May 12, 2017
    frazierspa and Cool Breeze like this.
  18. McJamesT May 12, 2017

They do that, just take my money!

frazierspa likes this.
  19. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 12, 2017

Thanks for the offer, but I would not be able to attend anyway. I have a sales rep there who I correspond with sometimes; she worked with me on the straps/ deployant. I am picking up my ST at their boutique. But I've only spent somewhere around $700 with them, so I'm a bit below the average for that place. I had corresponded with my rep about the 60th Anniversary watches, but they made it sound hopeless enough that I worked with some from OF to secure a purchase elsewhere.

20. Meme-Dweller May 12, 2017

Do you guys think there's room in a small collection for both the Speedy 60th and a regular 3570.50? Seems redundant to have both. I like both. I had a GMT2 and an Explorer 2 but sold the Explorer because it had the same movement, despite different case size, dial color, bezel, bracelet finishing, etc.

rominvicta likes this.