1. nerdbedusa Dec 6, 2017

Thank you for your answer. :)

This is how the thing should look like:
    2915-1.jpg

And this is what is on your dial:
    2915-2_3.jpg

red crowned and Toishome like this.
  2. simplymod Dec 6, 2017

Yeah, I am hoping a strap will be better for me. I still have not removed any of the plastic from my Railmaster or Seamaster and if I wind up letting them go, would rather leave them as new. As far as it looking bigger, I would actually prefer the opposite as I feel all three of these watches wear larger then their dimensions would lead to believe. I know I am in the minority here as I have pretty small wrists. Still not sure what I will do on my 3 watches.... who knows, may end up being one of the first non "trilogy" trilogy sets offered up for sale in the secondary market....hmm...I have to make a decision soon, we shall see.

3. Toishome Dec 6, 2017

Thank you for the pictures. I will compare them to my friends watches and see.
    Wondering if other people have also received dials with this font.

nerdbedusa likes this.
  4. seamaster5 Dec 6, 2017

Well after purchasing a master coaxial from Neil p on here I wore it everyday since the day I bought it from him. There was something about that watch I loved and I hated about it. Was it the huge crown or the bland bezel? It’s still a nice watch but didn’t work well on my wrist.

After a trip this last weekend to Torneau I ended up getting a seamaster 300 today to trade in my coaxial for this beautiful piece. The 39mm case works for, the vintage inspired tropic dial, smaller crown, that unique bezel well here she is... D4FDAE38-1B9E-440C-A1E8-EE9AAC8B4A87.jpeg

5. FlorentD Dec 7, 2017

I saw and tried the Railmaster... I loved it when I saw photos, but was not impressed in the metal. I mean it's beautiful and understated, but somehow the price made me reconsider. It's just super expansive. Considering the non LE (still not available in France) which is a more original watch while retaining the core purpose of the Railmaster in my opinion.

6. nerdbedusa Dec 7, 2017

I read your post several times, but I still don't know if I got you right, sorry.

You don't like the metal bracelet on the Railmaster? I agree:

2914-1.jpg

frazierspa, DIV, Theognosis and 4 others like this.
  7. FlorentD Dec 7, 2017

Ah ! No, I meant "in the metal" as in real life. On the contrary, I loved the bracelet :D

The watch is beautiful, but I can't get the price out of my head.

8. sgtpry Dec 7, 2017

The trilogy is now complete :cool:

IMG_20171207_140439_087.jpg
    20171207_142237.jpg
    IMG_20171115_134634_049.jpg

9. hotwheels Dec 7, 2017

Stunning, what a fantastic watch

sgtpry likes this.
  10. daddykc Dec 7, 2017

sgtpry likes this.
  11. sgtpry Dec 7, 2017

Thanks my friend, indeed, a "complete" Omega collection

Maybe I should sell my Ed White now :D

hotwheels likes this.
  12. Longbow Dec 7, 2017

frazierspa, DIV, Pun and 1 other person like this.
  13. sgtpry Dec 7, 2017

Hard choice my friend, the RM is indeed amazing, more so with the black strap...

But Probably Speedy for now :cool:

14. DIV Dec 8, 2017

I'm completely in love with my Railmaster 60LE, and I had a list of "requirements" that needed to be met before I was going to purchase this watch new (something I haven't done in a very long time). However, since we are all obscessive compulsive watch fanatics, I'd like to present my list of features that I think would have made the Railmaster even better, presented in order of decreasing importance:
    1) I love the tropical dial, but in certain light and from some angles, I think the gray color is too light and so I would have liked it to be just a bit darker.
    2) I would have liked the bracelet to taper more as it comes to the clasp which could also be narrower
    3) a hand-wound movement like the original especially if the case thickness could have been reduced, but only if it doesn't sacrifice the 15K gauss of anti-magnetism.
    3) Screw down crown for greater water resistance
    4) brighter lume

Edited Dec 8, 2017
    Longbow and Theognosis like this.
  15. Theognosis Dec 8, 2017

I agree with point #1. Having a grey dial limits the strap options, unlike a darker dial that you can match any color with. For #2, a tapered bracelet and narrower clasp would make the already small RMLE feminine so I have my reservations on that. The straight bracelet and chunky clasp make the piece manly and sporty IMHO.

The RMLE with a screw-down crown would have made it the ideal GADA watch. Omega could have easily implemented it but I think they had intentionally limited its depth rating in order to preserve the diver role of the SM300LE in the Trilogy.

A hand-wound movement combined with a screw-down crown wouldn't work as you would have to unscrew the watch everytime you wind it, don't you think?

To add, I would prefer the caseback of all the 3 watches to have a satin finish. The mirror finish is a scratch magnet.

There is definitely room for improvement. But then again, the RMLE is already way ahead of the competition that further improving it would make it near impossible for me to consider buying another watch in the segment.

Edited Dec 8, 2017
    daddykc, Longbow, Pun and 2 others like this.
  16. DIV Dec 9, 2017

Very, very good points, Theognosis...you're right about the screw down crown vs. manual wind issue: yes, either one or the other (so I'd pick manual wind!)...thanks for indulging me with the discussion...
    And for those who don't know (I had to look it up), GADA: Go Anywhere Do Anything.

Edited Dec 10, 2017
  17. djmusicman Dec 9, 2017

Nice write up. It would be interesting to know why they made those changes. The most significant of which are the rehaut and the clasp.

Here is about as good as a comparison shot as you are likely to find.

Source:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcMiTvUnQFi/?taken-by=therustywatchguy

1660853252656005474_6056879303.jpg
  18. joerg Dec 9, 2017

Mini, Carl and my 60th B22237A8-332D-4116-B438-C34209A9ED8F.jpeg

frazierspa, Pun, Ott69 and 9 others like this.
  19. blokk Dec 9, 2017

any new speedmaster deliveries in London? seem to be trickling in too slowly...

20. nerdbedusa Dec 10, 2017

Well, I guess it's a mixture of intention and lack of knowledge...;)

As far as I remember, there was a better direct comparison with a sliding function on the official website earlier this year, but it seems they sorted it out.

Edited Dec 10, 2017