Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Toishome Dec 3, 2017

Got my speedmaster on Friday. Not sure yet how I feel about it. Overall its a beautiful watch but I have 2 issues with it. It wears a bit small compared to other speedys and I find it a little too shiny. Maybe I need some time to get used to it. Will have to see ::confused2::

IMG_6469.JPG IMG_1852.JPG
    frazierspa, RTK27, munichblue and 2 others like this.
  2. texasmade Dec 3, 2017

The 60th is over 3mm smaller than the normal Speedy Pro which is a huge difference in the watch world so no surprise it wears small.

Speedy_Gonzales likes this.
  3. Tritium Dec 3, 2017

Hola Rafa,
    Saludos desde Madrid.

5.280€ is 20% off the price in Spain.
    Wow!

Green Omega, James Lin and rafabond like this.
  4. rafabond Dec 3, 2017

Greetings partner from Barcelona, Spain, great country!

Tritium likes this.
  5. Mr Gadget Dec 3, 2017

Lucky Luck man

6. Richmortrd Dec 3, 2017

Congrats on your new Trilogy set.

7. simplymod Dec 4, 2017

I have to agree on the shiny thing. I have all three watches (created my own trilogy individually to avoid the dial text on the 3 piece sets). All are beautiful, but at the same time a bit too shiny for my taste. I am thinking if they had brushed the tops of the lugs and just polished the sides on all three models, it would have been more to my personal liking. I have not yet tried any of them on a strap, so perhaps in the real world viewing it will help tone down the bling a bit.

8. wlchuccc Dec 4, 2017

I was worrying the texts on the dial as well, but to be honest you will not really notice them at all. I won't say I like this design but it may be something that you can distinguish them from other non-box set pieces on wrist. Happy to have them finally, you won't regret it :)

9. kalvinoz Dec 4, 2017

I felt the same about the shine (I have an RM), but changing the bracelet to an after-market leather strap made a world of difference. It also makes the watch look a little bit bigger, because the metal lugs become more prominent.

DIV likes this.
  10. DIV Dec 4, 2017

Agreed100%. Like I said before, the RM looks best on a vintage leather strap, the Seamaster best on the bracelet (maybe the same with the Speedy?). A leather strap emphasizes the wonderful straight lug case design.

Tritium and solesman like this.
  11. munichblue Dec 5, 2017

Cmon guys, don’t be so heavily concerned about this 'shiny thing'. Yes, the trilogy is shiny, but it’s shining out the beauty of itself. Get used to and learn loving it! :D

12. nerdbedusa Dec 5, 2017

What is most interesting about your watch is the fact that the dial is different from the regular design of the LE.

Please check the "G" in "OMEGA" and the "p" in "Speedmaster" to see that the typology is a version 2 design, matching for CK 2915-2 or -3 and it's not the same as shown on the official OMEGA website.

So it's a special watch, shiny or not. ;)

Richmortrd, Theognosis and JimJupiter like this.
  13. nerdbedusa Dec 5, 2017

Omega-1957-Trilogy-Speedmaster-9279.jpg

I had seen these two watches on fratellowatches earlier this year along with other pictures from the Baselworld event.

The right one has the same dial and even a better matching crystal blend ring.

Richmortrd and sensui like this.
  14. nerdbedusa Dec 5, 2017

While still waiting for the RM and the SM, I asked my friendly dealer to send a picture of my #1175 Speedy.

Fortunately it's correct.

IMG_00101.jpg

I would never have expected they'd do again what they did 60 years ago. Mix and match should be a part of history, not of the present...

15. nerdbedusa Dec 5, 2017

Well, though having ordered all of these three watches back in March, I can't understand how they could go so wrong with the Speedmaster.

The case with its facettes, that never existed, the length of the pushers, the thickness of the crown (going along with the length of the pushers), the bezel and its design (this must have been intended to be wrong), the depth of the chrono registers of the dial, the shape of the hands, the wrong case back, the wrong crystal and blend ring and finally this massive bracelet?

But as wrong as it comes, it's still the best copy ever and probably the closest you can get to a reference CK 2915 nowadays.

For a 2915-1 owner, it's a nice timekeeper for every day use and it looks pretty much like a 2915, as long as you don't know the original watch.

Pun likes this.
  16. Theognosis Dec 5, 2017

Just another shiny day in 2017 (as it was back in 1957). :)

[​IMG]

DIV, Alex06, frazierspa and 5 others like this.
  17. Mach Dec 5, 2017

* Those of you that switched to the vintage brown or the NATO strap probably already know this. *

I paid a visit to the Omega Boutique on Fifth Avenue on Saturday to purchase a folding clasp. I mentioned to Jacob that I was surprised that Omega didn't include any extra spring bars with the individual pieces. He replied that there were extra spring bars - they are within the strap changing tool. All I had to do was shake it and I would hear them. Sure enough, I just checked:
    Speedy55.JPG

18. casavova007 Dec 5, 2017

As long as it's not a oversized case I'm fine with up to 42mm

19. nerdbedusa Dec 6, 2017

Is there anybody out there with the same wrong dial on his Speedy LE like @Toishome?

Not sure if anybody really read what I wrote...::confused2::

20. Toishome Dec 6, 2017

I did read your post :thumbsup:
    I am just not sure about the difference so I was planing to do some research before responding:D
    Have a couple of friends that also have the watch so was planing to meet up and compare