Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. mikechi22 Sep 28, 2017

@Travelhomedad reported seeing them in Toronto for sale. See earlier in this thread.

2. Theognosis Sep 28, 2017

Some friendly tips that might help:

1. Buy a cheap watch and practice on it.
    2. Make sure to put scotch tape under all the lugs before and after the operation. For the RMLE which has polished lugs, I wrap the lugs all around with tape to prevent the spring bar and spring bar tool from touching the metal.
    3. Choose a lug with no engraved numbers or diagrams on the first spring bar end you pull on either side of the watch. You can have that end polished in case you scratch it and won't worry about erasing the engravings due to polishing.
    4. Never substitute the original spring bars with longer ones when you return the bracelet after putting on a strap. Longer spring bars are recommended for leather straps while shorter ones are for bracelets. I had the nightmare of pulling out a long spring bar after forcing it on the metal bracelet of my AT. Never again.
    5. When removing a metal bracelet, I recommend holding the watch and putting slight pressure on the dial towards you so as you pull the spring bars with a tool. This will make the bracelet pop out when you pull out the second end. You won't worry about the first end snapping back into place.
    6. Do the operation on top of a table with cloth to make sure that parts won't fall to the floor. Unlike Omega's modern offerings, the RMLE bracelet main assembly is not integrated to the links that attach to the lugs. The two end links of the bracelet will fall off completely when you take out the spring bars.

Hope this helps.

Tritium, GQguy, red crowned and 2 others like this.
  3. Theognosis Sep 28, 2017

These two along with the Speedy would make a perfect 3-piece watch collection. I would have all bases covered in acquiring pieces and concentrate on buying more and more straps.

Having said that, I still think that getting the Trilogy set is a better set up as I could interchange the straps among the 3 watches (instead of having to buy straps with different sizes).

Lucky are those who have all 3 Trilogy watches (individual pieces without the unnecessary text on the dial, that is)!

4. daddykc Sep 29, 2017

On the nato IMG_4113.JPG

On the bicycle [emoji41] IMG_4171.JPG

5. solesman Sep 29, 2017

NATO for me too.

IMG_6806.JPG

6. _Agemo Sep 29, 2017

Sorry but are you implying that the lug width on the Trilogy set is the same for all three watches?

7. Jamwok Sep 29, 2017

Hi, if anyone in the UK is looking for a Railmaster I've just returned one to hughrice.co.uk , i took a chance and ordered it without seeing it in real life, beautiful watch but just not for me. I have a few divers so was looking for something a little different for a change but wish I'd ordered the seamaster now.

Riviera Paradise and solesman like this.
  8. Theognosis Sep 29, 2017

Yes, all 3 watches have 19mm between the lugs, making the straps interchangeable.

9. _Agemo Sep 29, 2017

And thats not the case with the individual LEs?

10. solesman Sep 29, 2017

All three watches have a 19mm lug width.

11. Theognosis Sep 29, 2017

All have 19mm lugs, either individual or set.

You might have misunderstood me so I'll just list the watches I was referring to in my previous post.

Collection A: Perfect 3-piece collection IMHO (but straps aren't totally compatible):
    Omega RMLE - 19mm
    Rolex 16040 - 20mm
    Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch - 20mm

Collection B: Perfect Omega 3-piece collection IMHO (same straps for all):
    Omega RMLE - 19mm
    Omega SM300LE - 19mm
    Omega Speedmaster 1957 LE - 19mm

I'd pick B over A as any strap can be used for all watches in the collection.

munichblue likes this.
  12. Meanjohnbrown Sep 29, 2017

Anyone in the UK - if u think u have missed the boat there may be a genuine chance of a speedmaster:

London Stratford Westfield closed and a big waiting list died. Some of that waiting list moved to Westfield west London OB (Sarah and Sherriff - nice people - very helpful).

They are hitting on a first come first served basis. They had the first speedmaster on Friday to put out to their list. I was half an hour late to the general circulated email but surprised to secure it and picking speedy up Sunday - I feel genuinely lucky.

Bottom line I suspect every other person on the list was only late as they had either bought with another OB or some other route.

They will get another Speedy - probably multiple. So if u r in London put ur name down with this OB

djmusicman likes this.
  13. Jb328 Sep 30, 2017

One week in. Love it. Enjoying it with the HODINKEE mag.

F5BC8C87-0DE3-4C31-8CC6-666DD2B9D52E.jpeg
  14. uwsearch Oct 1, 2017

Anybody noticed that bracelets are differents ? Seamaster vs Speedmaster:

Capture.JPG

demchocholips, sgfortino and Ree like this.
  15. LeonDeBayonne Oct 1, 2017

Indeed all three endlinks are different. I know for sure that the ones that fit the RM can't go on the ck2998.

DrFirlefanz likes this.
  16. _Agemo Oct 1, 2017

Ah ok I get it now

Theognosis likes this.
  17. Tritium Oct 1, 2017

I asked it on the boutique and they showed all three had different reference written on the end link. Being this reference for the bracelet. Maybe the end links aren't the same, but the bracelet looks to be, so I wonder if the same bracelet could be used with the three different end links in any of the watches.

18. Theognosis Oct 1, 2017

There's a big possibility that you can fit all the different end links with the same bracelet. I think this question is only relevant if you have bought 2 or more pieces in the Trilogy and would want to sell 1 bracelet and keep the other. But then again, the buyer would have to buy new end links for himself as the bracelet is useless without them.

19. uwsearch Oct 1, 2017

last inner link before the endlink is different too..

20. Tritium Oct 1, 2017

No sell implied in my question. One can have two pieces of the trilogy and wants to start wearing just one bracelet on both watches to keep the other bracelet new. As the three cases are 19mm but different size, I doubt they'll share end links but thought maybe changing the end link, they could share the rest of the bracelet.

Theognosis likes this.