Forums Latest Members
  1. Alexo Aug 2, 2012

Hello i just bought this watch for my girlfriend, I payed 300 USD for it. Was it a good or bad price ?. However i dont know anything about watches so that's why i am posting here. Is this a china fake or an original Omega ? The seller told me its 100 % Genuine but he's sale score was low so i cant really trust him either. Caliber 481, 17 Jewels Serial number 15378679. Original Omega glas Original Omega krown. Boett 14 Carat gold on steel. 20 mm. Boett number : 2906-1

All information and answears are welcome :)

SAM_0181.JPG
  2. Alexo Aug 2, 2012

bump :whistling:

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 2, 2012

Very difficult to say much from just one picture, but from what I can see, it looks like a genuine 1950's vintage ladies' Omega. If the watch is not solid gold, you probably overpaid. There just isn't a whole lot of demand for these smaller ladies watches.

However, if your girlfriend really likes it, the small amount you overpaid won't matter.

Trust me on this,
    gatorcpa

4. alam Aug 2, 2012

+1

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 2, 2012

I think she'll like it, nice choice!

6. Alexo Aug 3, 2012

Well i dont really care if i overpaid because i think she will like this model and i also dont think many girls her age use this kind of watch. Here is the seller's pictures i hope you can tell me more from thoose :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 3, 2012

What is it that you would like to know? It is a very nice ladies' Omega watch with what looks to be an original dial. This case reference (2906) is not listed in the Omega Vintage Database. Most ladies' watches aren't listed there. Omega made hundreds of different models per year depending on the country.

I think this model would have originally had a gold plated watchband, or possibly a cord type that attached at each of the two lugs.

This was replaced with a non-original leather band with the screw-in pins which, in my opinion, is far more attractive.

She should love it,
    gatorcpa

8. MiDesigns Oct 19, 2012

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 19, 2012