Forums Latest Members
  1. Lucasssssss Dec 30, 2017

Hi everyone, I thought I would post this to generate a little discussion. This is not coming from a perspective of purchasing, rather general interest. In my usual internet sweeps, I came upon this Omega with a Denson made case, here are the two pictures of it: Omega Enamel.jpg Omega Enamel Back.jpg

To me the bezel looks incorrect, especially with the patina of the dial and how well preserved the bezel is (as well as the 8 looking off), but I am new to this hobby in comparison with some esteemed members on here. If my intuition is correct, is this based of any real model with a enamel bezel, or is it a complete figment of a non-omega imagination?

Lucas.

michael e and Tire-comedon like this.
  2. bubba48 Dec 30, 2017

All original in my opinion and consistent with the vogue of the time (but it is a Dennison case)

3. doog Dec 30, 2017

With my professional head on, the font used for the bezel is certainly consistent with the 20’s, a block sans serif with angled accents to both the uprights and horizontals. The 8 is clumsily handled but not out of sync with the rest of the type. Given how tough enamel can be, I’d vote original.

watchknut and Tire-comedon like this.
  4. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Dec 31, 2017

Hi,
    Yes enamel bezel existed in Omega production of this time. It was then very fashionable. I will post later some catalog scans (I'm not close to my scanner for the moment....)

5. OMTOM Dec 31, 2017

You wanted to promote discussion. I appreciate that these are pocket watches and not a wristwatch like yours. Furthermore, it’s a different part of the bezel. However, they’re from the same period and they show the style and use of enamel (one is niello of course).
    Respectively 1919 (35.5), 1921 (19'''), 1922 (23.7).
    Tom
    1919 (35.5).JPG 1921 (19''').jpg 1922 (23.7).JPG

Rman, dall-houston, TexOmega and 10 others like this.
  6. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Dec 31, 2017

Awsome watches, as usual with your collection!

Larry S likes this.
  7. Lucasssssss Jan 1, 2018

What an incredible set of enamelled watches! I have sent the details of the OP watch to someone on here, so hopefully it will end up on an omega forums collection somewhere.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 1, 2018

@OMTOM ...Thanks for sharing these stunning pocket watches. Brightened my day!

OMTOM likes this.