Forums Latest Members

Omega 1920's/1930's Movement, But Different Name On Dial!

1. jspollmann Feb 16, 2013

I recently bought an old watch with the name Niora on it, but by surprise the movement is an 1920's/1930's Omega movement. After some internet research I learned that in those days Omega sold many watches with personal names on the dial f.e. the name of a jewellery store. Unfortunately I can't find anything regarding Niora, but I do the assumption that this watch is one of those.

Is here by any accident somebody who has a similar vintage Omega watch and does somebody know what this does with the value and collectors value of the watch? I'm curious about that, but will keep the watch as I like the uniqueness!

Below are some pictures and thanks in advance for helping me out on this one!

1.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 17, 2013

How big is the watch?

3. jspollmann Feb 17, 2013

The diameter of the watch is 32 MM (without the crown).

4. jspollmann Feb 18, 2013

A little bump in the hope that somebody can help me. Or maybe somebody knows another way to find out if this watch is licensed by Omega or not? Anyway if somebody can give me a direction I would be very satisfied.

Thanks in advance.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 18, 2013

Never heard of the brand and my guess is that this is a recased movement. Does the inside of the caseback have an Omega logo?
    gatorcpa

6. jspollmann Feb 18, 2013

Unfortunately the pics are from the seller and the watch should arrive tomorrow or on Wednesday. I will check the caseback has an Omega logo. I'm new to vintage watching and not 100% sure what you mean with a recased movement so I did a bit of history and I see what you mean. The only thing what surprised me then a bit is that somebody put a 1920's/1930's movement in another case with the name 'Niora' on it.

Anyway thanks for at least a direction and I will put an update on the caseback a.s.a.p.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 18, 2013

Back in those days, watch movements were standard sizes and it would have been easy to change dials, hands and cases to fit a particular movement.

It just doesn't have the look of an Omega dial and case, although I have seen other Omega watches with similar hands.
    gatorcpa