Forums Latest Members

Omega 18k Diamond Watch - 510 Movement - Buddy Holly Style

1. BillShort Aug 21, 2013

I recently purchase this watch at an auction, and would like to know any details. I have the original box and receipt. The Omega warranty book which states the watch is 18kwg dia set, dated 3/15/62. The serial number on the movement is 14759260 (seems old) 510 movement. My question is, can anything be determined from the watch case, for a accual year this watch was produced. The case indicates 18k gold ross, and other numbers. Or any other info someone may want to add would be great.
    Also how rare is this watch, I've only seen one other like it (The Buddy Holly Watch)

photo 4[1].JPG photo 1[1].JPG photo 2[1].JPG
  2. ulackfocus Aug 21, 2013

It's a US made case by Ross, which was common back then, The movement has the OXG import mark on the balance as it should for imported movements cased in America. Unless you can find a serial number database for Ross, I don't know if you can date the watch better than you can using the paperwork.

3. BillShort Aug 21, 2013

Thanks, the only other numbers on the warranty card is 1699155 and this is near the calibre/Model/Watch Number.

4. ulackfocus Aug 21, 2013

It's possible that the 1955 movement sat for a couple years at Omega then was imported to the US where it took a while to install in a case and then took a while to sell.