Forums Latest Members

Omega 176.007 needed: Watchmaker or Place that can recreate the Sunburst finish and Service!

1. Pasbru Oct 19, 2013

Hi All,

I am looking for suggestions for a watchmaker or place that can recreate the sunburst finish on my watch and a polishing along with a movement service. I have an Omega 176.007 and wanted to hear all suggestions from the experts. I have one lead so far in Canada looks like they good very good work, but would love to have some more opinions on this. Thanks in advance for your time and help. Enjoy Mates!!

2. prostie1200 Oct 20, 2013

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2013

Al Archer in Canada or STS UK would be my bets

4. stefan Oct 20, 2013

Forget about STS if you want proper case refinish

5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2013

Stefan why do you say that ? They did a good one for me.

stefan likes this.
  6. stefan Oct 20, 2013

They don't do proper sunburst finish like on Flightmasters or the watch that Pasbru wants to have refurbished and over polish the watches, sorry to say but I have heard it from too many people complaining about their case refinishing work and it's far away from factory standards, it's all about quantity not quality.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  7. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Oct 20, 2013

Factory finish can be done at Omega in Bienne. Some of the refinishing machines are very expensive to purchase to get the exact proper refinish that the very picky of clients would want.

8. cvalue13 Oct 20, 2013

Would like to see the 007!

9. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 20, 2013

I was talking to a watchmaker from Watchfinder a couple of weeks ago and he proudly told me that they have a lapping machine at their workshops in Maidstone.. As he had left Breitling to work for Watchfinder, he was very enthusiastic about their facilities.

10. Pasbru Oct 20, 2013

Hi Everyone, First thank you again for your help and time and with all the helpful information. I am taking all options into consideration, and after I accumulate all my data then I will decide. As far as photos of the watch, this will have to wait a bit I am away on business and will be away for a few weeks, I promise on my return to post the photos! Just wanted to say how helpful this community is and how everyone's time is greatly appreciated. Regards to all. Be well

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2013

Thanks for that. Generally I don't let them touch the case at all, except for cleaning during a service. The one they did do for me was good though.

12. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Oct 22, 2013

I'm also looking to get a star-burst ladies Dynamic bezel re-polished. I asked at Watchworks in Bristol today and they can't do front loading cases because their chuck fixes through the back.

So -

Watchworks = no
    STS = no
    Omega = no (they'd want to do the whole watch)
    Watchfinder = ??

any other suggestions please?

13. prostie1200 Oct 22, 2013

14. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Oct 22, 2013

Thanks but that looks like dials rather than metal refinishing.