Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega 166.032 Jumbo Sparkle Dial, Cal 750, full overhaul, $800

1. Wlcutter Mar 16, 2022

On offer's a 166.032 I felt obliged to salvage. This was put up on ebay, in pieces, and I don't nurse stray neighborhood animals back to health, but I feel like watches deserve it. There was $618 of work put in, which included a full overhaul and replacement of the following parts: Case back gasket, Crystal, Auto module screws, Dial screw, Casing ring screw, Ratchet wheel screw, Case clamps w/ screws, Third wheel, Barrel complete. All but the crystal are Omega parts. Obviously, everything runs extremely well at the moment, and I'll provide the buyer with the details of its overhaul, including warranty info.

I already have one of these, but, again, I have some demented savior complex re watches. You already likely know the model: the 28M serial number dates it to 1969, and the 36mm case is unpolished but with signs of use. The dial is really excellent, and the hands are as well, if you don't mind darkened lume. The watch comes head-only and I'm really only looking to get the money out of it I put in—$1000. If that's not the market, I have no qualms holding onto it; if you've had one of these before, you know how great they are.

Thanks for considering, and huge thanks for the community here—just an incredible forum. I'm happy to provide references, answer questions, and work out shipping/payment method with the buyer.

IMG_1223.jpg IMG_1224.jpg IMG_1226.jpg IMG_1231.jpg IMG_1233.jpg IMG_1234.jpg IMG_1227.jpg IMG_1228.jpg IMG_1229.jpg IMG_1230.jpg

JohnSteed, Noisy Nova, Kapka and 10 others like this.
  2. Wlcutter May 15, 2022

Let's drop the price to $800 on this one to go along with a Sunday bump.

Alpha likes this.