Forums Latest Members
  1. Relojesvintage May 24, 2013

Hi, this is my first post in this forum, Im glad to find one specialized forum! :)
    Im a watchmaker from Spain, I make restorations of old watches, buy and sell NOS watches too, and my English is very bad...
    Will start like many others, with a question.
    I bought this NOS watch, part of a lot, and reading his hang tag I see that the model nº is 161.009 but on the caseback says 162.009.
    Looking in the Omega museum, I can see that the movement for the reference 162.009 is the 562/5 movement, and the dial is diferent too.
    But looking for the reference 161.009 from the hang tag, I can see that the movement is like mine, the 552 and the dial is the same.
    Is this a frankenwatch? or is just that this is not in the Omega museum?, I see some more like mine in the internet, but maybe all frankenwatches...
    I dont want to sell it if it's not original, will keep for myself...
    I appreciate any help.
    Thank you all and congrats for this forum.
    Marcelo

IMG_9861.JPG IMG_9862.JPG IMG_9865.JPG IMG_9866.JPG IMG_9869.JPG IMG_9879.JPG IMG_9880.JPG IMG_9881.JPG
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 24, 2013

Sometimes it is necessary to add an extra zero to the reference number to find it on the Omega Vintage Database:

Ref. 161.(0)009:

http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/history/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database?ref=14684

[​IMG]

Dial looks similar to yours, except that yours doesn't have "Geneve" on the dial. Omega may not have been as careful as it should regarding the caseback, or more likely that someone could have replaced it with a new, old stock 162.009 caseback. I don't know.

The cal. 552 is correct for this non-calendar Ref. 161.0009. The hangtag is nice, but I think it is from another watch.

This looks to be a watch put together from parts, but unlike most, it is very high quality.
    gatorcpa

Relojesvintage likes this.
  3. Tritium May 24, 2013

Hola Marcelo!
    Is nice to see someone here from Spain.
    Though I was the only one.
    I can't help you with this, but just wanted to say hello and welcome;)
    Where are you located?

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 24, 2013

Welcome Marcelo,
    Your watch movement condition is amazing

5. Relojesvintage May 25, 2013

Yes, I think so...thank you very much for your complete answer :thumbsup:
    Another watch for my collection then :)

6. Relojesvintage May 25, 2013

Muy buenas!!
    Thank you for your welcome, Im from Vigo, Pontevedra.

7. Relojesvintage May 25, 2013

Thank you!! and yes the movement is intact, a beautyfull one, If was original maybe could sell it, but I have no chance, have to keep it for myself ::psy::
    It's my job and I have to sell watches, but I really like when I have no choice :)

8. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 25, 2013

It's a hard life ;)

9. 123omega Oct 14, 2021

I know many