omega 14902 62

Hello Experts,

I'm about to buy one of my small grails - a Pie Pan.

Can you please lmk what you think on this model? It seems that the parts are original aside the buckle

Any ideas opinions on the price? I'm thinking to pay around 1.5k USD?
Edited:

Movement photo is a bit small to work with but it looks like a nice clean example with a good non luminous dial

Like 1
Can you post photos allowing a better evaluation of the case, including lugs and caseback. Also a good high resolution photo of the dial. You can crop your photos to eliminate the surroundings.

Movement photo is a bit small to work with but it looks like a nice clean example with a good non luminous dial
better photo here

Others may disagree, but I think that 1.5k may be a bit low for this model. On the other hand, it's a soft market right now so if the seller is motivated you may get it for that price.

14902 powered by a 24 mil serial # movement is a mis match

Like 3

I think it’s 21,29xxx but that’s still too late for a 14902

I’d also like to see a better dial image as the pie pan edges look irregular ( sort of scalloped)

Good catch, absolutely correct.

If the case and movement is a mismatch, what do you think it would be worth given that information? How much of an impact does that have on value?

If the case and movement is a mismatch, what do you think it would be worth given that information? How much of an impact does that have on value?
From a collector's perspective, it's substantial because the watch is not fully original and has a movement that is not period correct.

Like 1

It would then be a franken-watch and the impact on value would be significant.
However, IMHO there is a question about the dial also.
The minute haches are hard up against the pie pan edge on most of the right hand side of the dial but drift away from the edge on the left hand side of the dial.
This would be very unusual on an original Omega Constellation dial.
Crystal distortion and or poor images can cause a dial to look poor - Only better pics of the dial can help resolve that question

Like 1
where can I find info on the date appropriate movements versus watches they were used in. I'd love to educate myself.

this is all i have for now. I've sent a request to the current owner to send more photos, will post once i receive.

Like 1
where can I find info on the date appropriate movements versus watches they were used in. I'd love to educate myself.

It's a little bit more complicated than that.

The calibre (cal561) is correct for the watch but the serial number appears to be too late (around mid-'64) when the 14902 ceased production and was replaced by the 168.005 in 62/63

Like 1
It's a little bit more complicated than that.

The calibre (cal561) is correct for the watch but the serial number appears to be too late (around mid-'64) when the 14902 ceased production and was replaced by the 168.005 in 62/63
Aha, got it, and is there a way I can look up appropriate serial numbers of movements vs. case serial?
Like a thread on this/ or other forum? Blog? Or maybe there's specific books I could acquire?

Thanks for all the replies m8s!

That dial looks nice at first but if you look closer you will see some measels start to pop up.
Don't buy

Like 3
That dial looks nice at first but if you look closer you will see some measels start to pop up.
Don't buy
appreciate the advice. will keep on looking for a pie pan that's (hopefully) waiting for me somewhere ;)