Forums Latest Members
  1. Arnout Jul 1, 2017

Hi ,
    As I'm reading many discussions related to vintage Omega's and owning a small number of Constellations I would like to ask a question. Constellations with number 14900 SC 61 have only pie pan dials originaly or were they supplied with other dials as well? In the Omega database I can not find any information on this, on the web many pictures around but not only good examples. I was interested in the watch below:

Many thanks,
    Arnout
    IMG_2600.JPG IMG_2605.JPG

2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 1, 2017

welcome to the forum @Arnout

yes they came with dome dials too

as I'm sure you are aware - extreme caution is advised if buying a 14900 or 14902 (lots of fakes)
    you could post some better pics of this one if you have them

crown not correct and will need to sort out the rotor rub but from the blurry pics looks quite nice
    odd that someone has squeezed a 19mm strap onto it

-and in return, pics of your 'small collection of Connies' please :thumbsup:

ConElPueblo likes this.
  3. jumpingsecond Jul 1, 2017

Be sure to price in the service for the movement- the rotor needs adjustment as it's rubbing the caseback.

4. Arnout Jul 1, 2017

Thanks for your promp input. A new rotor bushing will solve the wobbing I hope, I didn't spot this though...I asked for better pictures, hope to get them. The seller has repeatly said that the crown was orginal, he is the first owner. The old case back seal seems to be there, a service is needed. The crown thing is not my biggest worry as this is not the thin decagonal crown of the 14.831 cases! First I need to see if we can come to a fair price.
    Many thanks.

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 1, 2017

You may have got your wires crossed there.
    The correct crown is the - no longer available - thinner decagonal crown

6. Arnout Jul 1, 2017

There might be some rust in the movement too! No surpices as worn balancestaff etc. I hope

7. Arnout Jul 1, 2017

Thanks for the crown input, no good news though!

8. Arnout Jul 1, 2017

Price need to be very fair, finding the right crown can be frustrating...

9. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jul 1, 2017

The crown may cost you up to $100 usd