Forums Latest Members
  1. watchairy Oct 24, 2016

Hello,

I bought this Speedmaster not long ago and would like some honest input as to how original the watch is?

It has not long had a full service from Omega UK.

I know a little bit about Speedmasters but not enough it seems, judging by the wealth of information most members on this forum have.

The bracelet is a 1171/1 bracelet - I dont have the end link codes but I will update this post tommorow when I find them.

What year is this Speedmaster from and is it desirable against others from the same era?

Here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you

2. uwsearch Oct 24, 2016

28'4xx'xxx movement is from december 1969 to february 1970... the rest of the watch is not that old..

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 24, 2016

I am afraid this is watch that has either been serviced to within an inch of its life, or a put together.

The serial is low, in the 28m. This low I would expect in an early 145.022-69 - the very first of the series in fact at 2842 xxxx.

This case is a service case, or at least from a much later model. (345.0022 is out of my expertise, but certainly not correct for this movement number).

The bezel and hands are much later than the movement.

I am afraid you tripped at the very first fence when checking a speedmaster, and that is to compare the serial with the case back:

http://speedmaster101.com/blog/the-quick-and-dirty-way-to-buy-well-check-a-145-022/

4. watchairy Oct 24, 2016

Well oh well! What a great response. I thought the case and bezel looked mint. So somehwere in Omegas used parts draws are my correct parts :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spacefruit likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 24, 2016

It's correct for an omega serviced watch. It lost the original hands, Bezel, and caseback and those are all service replacements.

Unfortunately the value of this watch are in the original hands, bezel and caseback.

Correct bezel is about 2k, hands will be around 100 I think, caseback are rare but come up, and not exactly cheap Usd prices.

if the dial has a step in the outer track it's original. But that looks like a tritium domed dial to me. So can't comment on dial originality from the picture.

Spacefruit likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 24, 2016

@Spacefruit liked my post a bit too soon, and made a small mistake.

Short tail "r" tritium dial. Not correct for a 69. Late 80's to late 90's dial?

Edited Oct 24, 2016
  7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 24, 2016

I liked the Tritium service dial idea

Foo2rama likes this.