Forums Latest Members
  1. Conaire McNeary Dec 30, 2021

Hi all

This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I have purchased an Omega Seamaster from 1976. Unfortunately the bracelet (1286/249) on the watch is a bit too small for my wrist so I need extra links. I tried an aftermarket copy of the bracelet but the quality isn’t great and it cuts into my wrist a bit. The end link is 11mm so is a weird size and alternative straps are not really an option.

I have tried eBay and they are impossible to find or stupid money. Has anyone any links they would be willing to part with? The bracelet is the stainless steel version not the gold tone one.

2. sleepyastronaut Dec 30, 2021

Hi Conaire, and welcome to the forum!

Random question, have you tried installing the removable links from the aftermarket bracelet on the original bracelet?

3. Conaire McNeary Dec 30, 2021

Thanks for the welcome. They are the reverse of the original links. They may work but are slightly different in profile. I may give this a go tomorrow if I get a chance.

4. Conaire McNeary Dec 30, 2021

I am a bit OCD too so the fact they aren’t original Omega links would annoy me slightly especially if it’s anyway noticeable

5. SkunkPrince Dec 30, 2021

The documentation I have implies a link (gold plate, right?) has a reference of 114ED1286.

I would contact Omega customer service in whichever country you are in, and see if they still supply these links. It's possible they do!

ketiljo likes this.
  6. Conaire McNeary Dec 30, 2021

No it’s the stainless steel version I am after. If anyone has the reference for the stainless link I would appreciate it. I think it’s a long shot but if I can get the reference I will try Omega thanks

7. SkunkPrince Dec 30, 2021

Assuming history means anything, you're looking for 114ST1286.

Good luck!

8. Conaire McNeary Dec 31, 2021

Many thanks