Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Nov 17, 2013

I understand that to remove a 125 module from the case, you must push it through the dial side towards the back, and with luck, it should pop out. There is apparently a gasket surrounding this case that holds it in, that is either not so easy to overcome, and/or gets sticky over time. Does anyone have any removal tips?

Next, I'm confused on the details of the case design. There are apparently three notches on the outside of the 125 module that I'm guessing corresponds to recesses inside the case that align it, and keep it from twisting. These notches are obvious on pictures of the 125 module posted on the net, but are the recesses for them really inside the case? I ask because in the few shots available of the 125 case insides available, I cannot make these out.

Many thanks for any insights.

Bob

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Nov 17, 2013

Pardon my lack of answer, but I have a question perhaps you can answer since you're asking how:

What can be accomplished by removing the module from the case? Is it to swap a module to a different case? I have wondered how to do it myself but more out of curiosity than some actual need.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 17, 2013

4. Poday Nov 18, 2013

I removed the module on mine in order to give the case and bracelet a cleaning in the ultrasonic. It took some doing, but if finally came out. Basically, I just started pressing at 12 o'clock, and worked the pressure around the dial until it came out (about three times all around). I don't recall the three notches corresponding to anything in the case, the crown and pushers seem to be what lines up the module in the case and keeps it from twisting.

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Nov 18, 2013

Poday, did the module fit looser once it had been removed, cleaned, and reassembled? Or was there anything that made you regret your effort?

6. Poday Nov 18, 2013

No, everything fit the same as before. My thumbs were a little sore from the effort, but no other issues.

7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Nov 18, 2013

I'll begin my thumb exercise regime and try in a month ;)

8. Poday Nov 18, 2013

9. M'Bob Nov 18, 2013

10. Poday Nov 18, 2013

The case gasket is a simple o-ring, which survived the procedure unscathed.