Forums Latest Members
  1. ewand Aug 4, 2017

I'm thinking of selling this nice 1039 bracelet, which I went to quite some length to acquire... but I now question if I really need it. It's in generally worn but good shape - the spring links are all springy (and I have 2 more that aren't pictured, making the whole thing just over 16cm without end links), the clasp is nice and secure. The bracelet is numbered 13 and doesn't have a date marker, so I presume it's early 1970s vintage.

The bracelet comes with 516 end links suitable for a 20mm fitment; I had this bracelet on a 1971 Speedmaster for a little while, but have now reverted to what I think is more fitting, a 1171/633. So time for this one to find a new home.

IMG_9885.JPG

IMG_9887.JPG

IMG_9895.JPG

IMG_9896.JPG

The only negative is that someone has previously had a go at the last 2 links with a pair of pliers or something - in normal wear, the marks on the facing side are negligible and I had Simon Freese do a light refinish on those links to make them a little less obvious.

IMG_9893.JPG

IMG_9894.JPG
    IMG_9889.JPG
    IMG_9890.JPG

If I was going to keep the bracelet, I'd probably ask Simon to move the centre of both marked links to the far side of the bracelet so I don't ever see them, but even with mild OCD, they're less of a problem when fitted to a watch than I thought, so I didn't go that far yet. I've tried to photograph these end links honestly - these pictures are as deliberate as I can make them to show the marks.

IMG_9891.JPG

IMG_9892.JPG

As I said at the start, I'm thinking of selling - if no buyer presents themselves, that's just fine - I'll keep the bracelet, might get some more tidying up done, and I'll perhaps wear in it annual rotation with the 1171. But if someone wants a nice, honest 1039, then step forward and I'd be happy to sell you this one.

Price to me: £950 net please, including delivery to the UK, or international delivery at additional cost.

I'd take PP (costs on the buyer, if any), bank transfer etc. In truth, I'd prefer face/face in or near London, UK (the next Time4aPint meeting perhaps). While I welcome offers, in this instance if I dropped below then I'd be in the red, and if I'm in the red then I might as well just have it sitting in the watch box...

I have a little selling experience here (example) but plenty of buyers references, ebay buyer & seller history etc. Contact me if you'd like more details. I'm a collector for my own enjoyment, so don't buy & sell watches for profit - I've only sold a handful, ever, though recent acquisitions and the waning of Mrs D's patience means that may have to change a bit more.

tapaptpat and mikechi22 like this.
  2. Just Livin Aug 4, 2017

GWLS on this one. :thumbsup:
    Think it should be moved over in the Watch Parts and Accessories Forum.

ewand likes this.
  3. ewand Aug 4, 2017

Thanks - apologies for putting it in the wrong place to start :)

4. Just Livin Aug 4, 2017

Oh gosh. No apologies needed. Just wanted to make sure you had it in the right place for the max possible views :thumbsup:
    All the best Ewan.

tapaptpat and ewand like this.
  5. ewand Aug 4, 2017

Well, that didn't last long. Off to the continent. Thanks buyer, and OF!

6. tapaptpat Aug 5, 2017

Good people sell good stuff to happy customers. Location not really important. Congrats to both. :-D