Omega 1036 Clasp: Authenticity & Production Dates

Posts
1,028
Likes
11,787
Not sure where I got this, I've been buying cleanouts for years.
Marked 1036 & 32 in a circle.
I'm not an expert so wanted to get opinions on if it's authentic or not.
Many thanks.

 
Posts
195
Likes
175
Looks good to me. Maybe a service replacement? Pretty clean too.
 
Posts
144
Likes
299
It's probably legit, not super old.
Do you know how long 1036 bracelets and clasps were produced? My understanding was that there is a modern equivalent bracelet with a different reference number, but I'd be interested to know roughly when that switch happened.
 
Posts
786
Likes
841
I don't think the bracelet was used past the mid 1970s at the latest and even that might be generous.
 
Posts
144
Likes
299
I don't think the bracelet was used past the mid 1970s at the latest and even that might be generous.
The resin identification code on the bag (little red triangle recycling logo) wasn't introduced until the late 80's so they must have kept producing parts for them at least until then.