Forums Latest Members
  1. JackDaniels83 Jan 22, 2018

Hello.
    I wanted to change the corrector lever (damaged due to high friction). While disassembling the date mechanism I recognized that two parts are missing. After research I discovered, that these are missing in a lot of movements. The parts I'm talking about are #1563 and #1577 and shown in the picture (yellow and red).

Omega_1000_date.JPG

Why are these parts often missing, and what is their purpose?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 22, 2018

Here's a photo of a Cal. 1102 while I was disassembling it...very rusted this one...

[​IMG]

You can see the parts are present in this photo. The 1002 was designed to have an instantaneous date change, so the date would immediately flip from one number to the next. The lever and spring that are missing are the parts that created the quick flip of the date. With these removed, the date change becomes semi-instantaneous, so you will see the date start to move in the window, maybe get 1/2 way changed, and then complete the flip.

The parts you highlighted are no longer available...

Cheers, Al

JackDaniels83 likes this.
  3. JackDaniels83 Jan 22, 2018

Thanks for that. I was thinking the same and already tried to order the parts from Omega. They are no longer available, as you mentioned.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 22, 2018

If you are ordering from Omega, that would mean you have a parts account, so you should have been able to look all this up...

5. JackDaniels83 Jan 22, 2018

No, I have a friend who is ordering for me. I'm not even a watchmaker.