Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega “WatchCo” Seamaster 300 (SM300) No-Date Cal. 552 Ref. 166.0324 – Recently Constructed

1. ffej4 Survey Man Nov 2, 2016

Asking Price: $3,600 (PayPal – must have verified address) or best reasonable offer

Shipping: USPS Priority Express (overnight shipping) *CONUS ONLY*

References: I ask that all buyers provide a reference prior to making a purchase. Forum referrals from previous sales or purchases work and linking me to your eBay account works.

I have many references available on the watch forums and on eBay. Google “ffej4” to get an idea of things!

After spending almost two months purchasing parts, I recently constructed my SM300. I purchased it intending to have it be my daily wearer, but, as expected, I am now torn between this and a date model SM300. I’d like to free up the funds spent on this watch while I decide on which one I’d like to own for good (and I’ll need to make up my mind, because these SM300 parts are disappearing very quickly).

Everything I purchased (less the movement) came from Cousins UK (the case, hand set, and winding stem), WatchCo Australia (the dial), and eBay sellers (for the movement, case screws, and case clamps). As of about two weeks ago, everything was sealed and BRAND NEW. This watch has about 4-5 days of wear time.

The case has some small markings from strap changes. These are unavoidable marks if you ever change straps, but I feel like it’s still worth mentioning.

The dial has a tiny oil smudge at the very top of the 11 o’clock marker. It’s only noticeable if you’re scrutinizing the dial. I’ve tried to picture as clearly as possible.

The movement has been recently serviced, so it should be good to go from here, but please take note of my post here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/rec...-center-to-handle-these-cal-552-issues.47871/. To me, the only thing of mild concern is the dial screw, but I’ve clarified with multiple watchmakers and the consensus is that it’s not a major issue. Still, it’s worth noting in case you’d like to have rectified.

The bracelet (I believe) is an Omega 1175 bracelet with generic endlinks that have been fitted to the midlink of the 1175. The 1175 appears to taper from 20mm to 18mm. All relevant markings on the clasp are pictured. The clasp can be extended via two more micro-adjustment pin holes on the clasp (about 1/4"). I also have one extra link. With all extensions, the strap should fit a 7.25” wrist comfortably.

I have all paperwork associated with my Cousin’s UK purchase along with the original packaging of the case and dial. I also have the import paperwork for the 552 movement.

This is as about as pristine as it gets. This watch is easily TZ 97% without factoring in the vintage aging of the bracelet and movement.

Please feel free to send me questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for looking!

PLEASE NOTE: This watch is sold AS-IS, meaning that performance is not guaranteed. Please use the listing information and pictures, and please ensure that you ask me all questions prior to committing to a purchase. I do not do returns.

IMG_8585.JPG IMG_8586.JPG IMG_8587.JPG IMG_8589.JPG IMG_8590.JPG IMG_8591.JPG IMG_8592.JPG IMG_8593.JPG IMG_8594.JPG IMG_8595.JPG IMG_8596.JPG View attachment 301276 View attachment 301277 IMG_8600.JPG

IMG_8598.JPG IMG_8599.JPG
  2. ffej4 Survey Man Nov 3, 2016

Sold.

Foo2rama likes this.