Omega “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” James Bond Seamaster 300 Watch 007 Nato Strap

Hi

I need a bit of advice. I have the Omega limited edition 007 James Bond watch shown below. I wanted to know if both the nato and the titanium mesh bracelet from the No Time To Die James Bond Seamaster watch, would fit on this watch?

I have been in contact with Omega who have said no, because both the nato and the titanium mesh bracelet are different size and was also advised not to combine both titanium and stainless together, as it would damage my watch!

Can anyone confirm that this is infact true? I’m really hoping that the nato strap will fit, because it would look really nice on the nato strap.

7XOyrXD.jpg

Don't know if the mesh or nato you mention would fit your watch, but If I wanted to fit a nato, I would just measure between the lugs and purchase one of the appropriate width...there are so many to choose from I'm sure you could find one that suits.

A totally different kettle of fish, but here is my Panerai 106 from around 2001...designed and made with both Stainless steel and Titanium, sitting happily together for the last 20 years or so!

By some coincidence, this is also 007 😎

I will follow your advice 😀 That is good to hear. I think the staff at Omega were just being cautious and didn’t want to take responsibility if anything happened to my watch. But it looks like it wouldn’t cause any issues to my watch!

Wow! What a coincidence! 😁 Great looking watch!!!

It's silly to say that a nato of a different version of the same watch won't fit, of course it will. The bracelet also fits and I don't believe that it would damage the watch as titanium is similar to steel as far as strength is concerned.

It's silly to say that a nato of a different version of the same watch won't fit, of course it will. The bracelet also fits and I don't believe that it would damage the watch as titanium is similar to steel as far as strength is concerned.

I was thinking the same as well! Would you by any chance know the cost of the nato strap?

Both will fit. Just be aware that the colour of bracelet to case may not be an exact match.

the nato will look fine however - but it’s pricey as the loops and buckle are TI.

Perhaps not a strength issue but some sort of corrosion?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

(No expert)

In theory, the two metals together in a conductive environment (salt water) would cause the stainless steel to corrode more quickly in the presence of the titanium. The stainless would be the anode in this situation (think of the anodes on a boat). In reality, I doubt anyone is going to see significant corrosion who isn't diving with their watch in saltwater as a profession, year after year.

SS next to ti may look strange. Omega ti is quite grey and the SS quite white

I think the nato will look fine! I agree that the bracelet will look out of place.

I’ll try to order one from Omega 😁