Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega ‘TV Dial’ Megaquartz 32Khz, 1 of circa 500 SS & 18K examples made, serviced, boxed and papers

1. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 5, 2015

Morning all

This is an extremely rare piece, even by my standards, I love these Omega 1970’s two tone watches and wear a Marine Chronometer everyday so have decided it best this goes to a good home.

FullSizeRender.jpg

This is one extremely rare beast, this is the first one ever for sale on the forum to my knowledge and 1 of only 2 I am aware that has been for sale in the last 12 months. These came on either SS and Gold bracelets or very rarely on Croc or Sharkskin bands, this has both original NOS croc AND original perfect shark band!

IMG_9860.JPG

Running cal 1310 this watch was introduced to the market in 1971, it was Omegas range topper (behind the MQ2.4Mhz) and when released cost nearly twice what a moon watch did (£236 compared to a new 145.002 at £124)

IMG_9861.JPG

This watch is 1 of circa 500 made, they were produced in 1975 along with around 100 18K examples, 25 of which were given to the Apollo-Soyuz crew, so they really are rare.

IMG_9859.JPG

The watch is stunning condition it is fully serviced and overhauled, is in near NOS condition, there is a tiny chip on the edge of the crystal and a small scratch at 12 but the crystal is still available from Omega and I believe is £14, it comes with its original box and papers. The new owner will have complete peace of mind and I am happy to honor a 6-month warranty on the watch.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Condition is perfect:

Case: Near perfect condition (never refinished) with correct brush and polish finish, angles are nice and crisp, 18K bezel

Strap: Very rare original and completely NOS croc band with original Omega deployment buckle, the strap is super supple and and in perfect original and NOS condition, it can be adjusted to fit up to a 9 inch or as small as a 6-inch wrist. Also included original Omega shark band (for the same buckle) so the new owner can swap and change between bands.

Movement: Perfect and running very well (as you would expect) it is fully serviced and overhauled

Dial and hands: completely original and perfect, 18K markers

Papers: Original Omega instructions, original guarantee (back page missing and front page loose, looks like it got stuck in the holder at some point). Original Omega Chronometer box original to the watch

FullSizeRender.jpg

I am looking for £650 shipped

IMG_9871.JPG

Please remember this is a really very rare watch, although I appreciate quartz isn’t for everyone but this really isn’t your run of the mill quartz watch nor is it your run of the mill Omega, this is 1 of around 500 18K and SS Constellation Megaquartz.

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

Payment via BT or Paypal (as a gift), shipping via RMSD or International signed for

Jacquot and Spacefruit like this.
  2. Geo! Dec 5, 2015

You have a PM Tom. :)

3. PatrickJ Dec 5, 2015

Would Omega supply the crystal to the owner or do they insist on fitting it themselves and insist on a full service being carried out? On vintage models a full service I think is about £450

4. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 5, 2015

Cousins still supply them but STS would also supply and fit as a part repair charge. The watch has already been serviced and is running within the 5spm specifications

I would imagine no more than £50 fitted

Thanks Tom

5. PatrickJ Dec 5, 2015

6. PatrickJ Dec 5, 2015

Thanks. I asked because in the past I had a Tissot that got damaged and Tissot refused to change a part unless the watch had a full service. In their words "the integrity of the watch had become comprimised" In the end I threw away the watch it was not worth it.For example, say I have an brand new Seamaster and I fall over and scratch the bezel. Would STS just replace the bezel and charge me a small fee to replace? Or would they insist on a full service?

7. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 5, 2015

Patrick

Drop me a PM and I can probably help

Thanks Tom

PatrickJ likes this.
  8. PatrickJ Dec 5, 2015

Much appreciated! In reference to the Seamaster I meant it as a hypothetical situation. I am just trying to gauge if a cosmetic defect occurs on a watch and there is a simple part replacement solution with no obvious mechanical damage would it be possible for a authorised omega service centre to replace and fit at a reasonable price? This is to avoid them insisting on having to do a full service. Not sure if this is true but I heard horror stories of AP owners sending their watch to AP with a minor part needing to be replaced, in turn they insist on doing a full £3,000 service at the same time.